Should I Buy 9 Cell Battery from Dell or from Outside + few more questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unni

In the zone
I am planning to buy a Dell XPS M1530.

1. I want to go for a 9 cell battery. In the Dell site, upgrading to a 9 cell battery costs Rs. 7906. A few weeks ago, if I remember correctly, the cost for upgrading from 6 cell to 9 cell was much much less. I would like to know which would be better - choose 9 cell battery from Dell, or but it separately from the market. How much does a 9 cell battery cost?

2. Also, after doing all the customisations, in the final sheet, there is an option for selecting state and city. If I choose Karnataka->Bangalore (my present location), the total price increases by Rs. 2883. Since my hometown is in Kerala, if I choose Kerala (Kerala is not present among the list of states given there), do I have to pay any extra amount?

3. What is the meaning of Are the Billing and Shipping address the same? given in the customisation page?

4. How much discount does Dell offer to its employees? Is there any disadvantage if I get from somebody working in Dell?

5. Is there any advantage in choosing Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy ADVANCED HD Audio Software (Rs. 413) given under Audio Solutions instead of the onboard card?

Last edited:
OP
unni

unni

In the zone
Thanks slugger for clearing this. So, if I am buying from a Dell employee, can he give the shipping address as my address?

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
If I am getting it from a Dell employee and if he chooses shipping address as my address, will the laptop be under my name? Also, can I pay using my credit card?

slugger

Banned
If I am getting it from a Dell employee and if he chooses shipping address as my address, will the laptop be under my name?

not sure how Dell worx but there are sevices where you can make the warranty under the shipping addresses name

Also, can I pay using my credit card?

if not allowed u can transfer the money into d dell employess accn b4 or after :)

dragonlord

Broken In
If I am getting it from a Dell employee and if he chooses shipping address as my address, will the laptop be under my name? Also, can I pay using my credit card?

There is a link in the dell customer supprt site, to change ownership for these kind of cases.
And yes, you can pay by CC (faster also). BTB, how much discount are u getting for using the EPP program ?

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
if not allowed u can transfer the money into d dell employess accn b4 or after
I was hoping to get the credit card points. :D
And yes, you can pay by CC (faster also). BTB, how much discount are u getting for using the EPP program ?
I am not sure about the discount. I heard from one of my friends that it can be upto 25-30%. One of my colleagues offered to buy through his friend working at Dell for a discount of about 15%.

By the way, does EPP (Employee Purchase Program) refer to purchases made by Dell employees or employees of Dell's corporate customers? A quick Google search gives me the feeling that it is the latter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom