Shopping cart and credit card payment on my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I want to have a shopping cart and accept payments by credit card on my site. What do I need?

I have a cPanel, Linux hosting and already have some shopping cart script which I can configure and use. But there must be some better option. Please guide me. Paypal is *NOT* preferred. :)

Thanks to all.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
You might want to talk to ICICI bank... they have solutions available to enable online payment gateway for your site... they just give you some script that you have to apply on your pages.. and from the appropriate location in your site, the script redirects users to ICICI's secure online payment gateway...

firewall

In the zone
hey tuxfan.. ! use osCommerce as your online shop ! Its one of the best Free online shop package.. !

*oscommerce.com/

as you said you are on cpanel server you can find it under Fantastico or Script Library option.

Here is a nice , fully customised site using oscommerce :
*www.easylinuxcds.com/catalog/index.php

For CC processing there are lots of option provided how much you are going to afford.. ;)

Try any of these :

Authorize.net, 2Checkout.com, CCavenue.com,

another option is ikobo.com 's merchant account -- though its per transcation fee is little bit high but no per annum and other sftware related expenses..!and it comes with a Visa Debit card s othat you can withdraw fund from any visa ATMs

------- :)

a.m

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Thank you guys for the tips. ICICI bank is bloody expensive. Last time I inquired there a few years ago, it was 10K per month :shock: May have reduced now.

I have already checked 2checkout.com. But they prohibit alchoholic beverages which is likely to be one of the products ;)

I will checkout the other links, they are opening in other tabs :).

Most of these sites will let me take payment in USD or some other foreign currency. I would try to find out something that lets me take payment in Rupees.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I think CCAvenue looks nice. They are based in Mumbai and have a payment gateway for ruppes. Their fee structure also looks somewhat reasonable. Lets see. Will study it.

Thank you so much for your help :)

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Hmm.. initialy people like us may go for Paypal..

But looks like Tuxfan doing something really BIG..>!!! :roll:

Wahts happ yaar? Starting Another Baazee?

firewall

In the zone
@tuxfan.. carry on... and dont forget me.. i have Nokia 6600 and can send you MMS too for your eBay+Amazon !!!

LOL :D

and CCavenue is good if you are operating from India. But dont forget to check out their annual software upgrade and maintainence charges... ;)

any way... best of luck

a.m

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
firewall said:
@tuxfan.. carry on... and dont forget me.. i have Nokia 6600 and can send you MMS too for your eBay+Amazon !!!

LOL :D

and CCavenue is good if you are operating from India. But dont forget to check out their annual software upgrade and maintainence charges... ;)

any way... best of luck

a.m

:lol: I am ready for all the MMS that you can send. I will download them and then delete :lol: :lol:

How can I ever forget you? 50% of all the profits is for you for showing me CCAvenue :lol: :lol: And if I get arrested for the MMS, 50% of punishment is also for you :lol: :D

I have already seen their table/s of charges which includes annual charges. Thanks for pointing it out.

a.m.

PS : Did you ever notice this thing? Besides sharing a b'day, we both also share our initials!! Not to mention our love for tux ;)

firewall

In the zone
tuxfan said:
....And if I get arrested for the MMS, 50% of punishment is also for you :lol: :D

Hey.. for friends like you... its ok to me... ;)

tuxfan said:
PS : Did you ever notice this thing? Besides sharing a b'day, we both also share our initials!! Not to mention our love for tux ;)

yes.. just noticed... really its amazing... ! It seems GNU has both of us... ;)

btw how you found oscommerce? is that ok with your needs ? or you have any other options ;) please share ...

a.m

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have not been able to study them in detail, so I really do not know the nuances. But I will surely do so before finalising. oscommerce surely is one of the options that I have in mind.

One more thing. I have a site where I want to sell tickets. Each tickets has a unique number. Now all existing shopping carts will be insufficient for this, because they will expect me to list a few products and then sell unlimited quantity of the same product. But here the case is different.

Any solution?

Additionally, will any one of you be willing to work with me on some projects that I am negotiating at present? If yes, we can discuss details :)

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Well.. its pretty simple.. Your Shopping Cart table has unique Order ID for each oprder.. There also mite be cases where a single order can purchase multiple tickets..

Maintain a separate table for ticket number with fields Order ID (Foreign key) & Ticket number (this one is Primary key).. use SQL Triggers to create a new entry in this table as soon as an order is placed in the Shoppig Cart table..

Ya.. well. Im intesrested in working wid ya.. Lemme know da details.. whats it abt?

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Ok SmoothCriminal, I will keep you informed as and when need arises. I am into negotiations at present. Thanks.

BTW, it could be my first experince of working with a criminal ;) :)

firewall

In the zone
SmoothCriminal said:
btw.. did u see *www.charge.com ?

Dont ever go with htem. They are the most worst service provider. I have very bad experience with them. They are good until you tell them that you want to move now. Though they claim there is no fees on signinup but they use to have charge monthly and believe it or not, they also require $200 towards cancelltion of the account with them.

This company, in my opinion is fraudulent . Btw they are a part of Card Service International and both company is same ...

so be careful....

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom