SHOCKING - Is it Taj Mahal or Tej O Mahalya ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Was the Taj originally a temple or a palace?

P.N. Oak, President of The Institute for Rewriting Indian History, has repeatedly asserted that the Taj was a Hindu temple of the god Shiva, usurped and remodeled by Shah Jahan. The temple's name, he says, was originally "Tejomahalya"; this was corrupted over time to "Taj Mahal".
Oak also claims that the tombs of Humayun, Akbar and Itmad-u-Dallah — as well as the Vatican in Rome, the Kaabah in Mecca, and Stonehenge, and "all historic buildings" in India — were also Hindu temples or palaces.
The Taj is only a typical illustration of how all historic buildings and townships from Kashmir to Cape Comorin though of Hindu origin have been ascribed to this or that Muslim ruler or courtier.
He further says that if Taj was not a Shiva temple, that it might then have been the palace of a Rajput king. In any case (he says), the Taj was Hindu in origin, stolen by Shah Jahan and adapted as a tomb — although Oak also claims that Mumtaz is not buried there.
Oak further states that the numerous eyewitness accounts of Taj construction, and Shah Jahan's construction orders and voluminous financial records, are elaborate frauds meant to hide its Hindu origin.
His many provocative assertions have gained a lot of popular interest and made Oak a well-known media figure.
He has sued to break open the cenotaphs, and to tear down brick walls in the lower plinth: In these "fake tombs" and "sealed apartments", Oak says Shivalingams or other temple items were hidden by Shah Jahan
According to Oak, the Indian government's refusal to allow him unfettered access amounts to a conspiracy against Hinduism.
Oak's assertions are not accepted by legitimate scholars. But these stories are widely believed and publicized by some contemporary Hindutva (Hindu nationalist) activists.
In 2000 India's Supreme Court dismissed Oak's petition to declare that a Hindu king built the Taj Mahal, and reprimanded him for bringing the action. In 2005 a similar petition was dismissed by the Allahabad High Court. This case was brought by Amar Nath Mishra, a social worker and preacher who claims that the Taj Mahal was built by the Hindu King Parmar Dev in 1196.

More : *www.stephen-knapp.com/was_the_taj_mahal_a_vedic_temple.htm

pannaguma

Turn The Page
dunno abt taj mahal, but my opinion is that all the other places mentioned can be of hindu origin only in a DREAM. we never went that far and that early to be able to build such significant cities and monuments.

faraaz

Evil Genius
techtronic said:
Was the Taj originally a temple or a palace?

*snip*
Oak's assertions are not accepted by legitimate scholars. But these stories are widely believed and publicized by some contemporary Hindutva (Hindu nationalist) activists.
*snip*

More : *www.stephen-knapp.com/was_the_taj_mahal_a_vedic_temple.htm
[/FONT]

That's all I need to hear really...so yeah...its Taj Mahal only...:)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Who cares, Taj Mahal or Tajmahalaya it is still indian & it is still one of the 7 wonders of the world.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
^^
*www.stephen-knapp.com

Being the Hindu chauvanist organisation that u claim RSS is, just why would they register a western domain?

Thoda logic lagaya karo bhai!!!

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I am not talking about the Taj, I am talking about RSS being involved in the issue as you said that this is propaganda of hate organisation-RSS.

Digit_Dragon

Old Stock in New Bottle!!
There is a possibility that ShahJahan to support Hindu temples (as he beleived in Hindu religion as his mother was Hindu....*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shah_Jahan) he would have kept shiv lingas in Taj Mahal..
But shahJahan as a man was very inhumane unlike his architecture:cool:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Another poorely crafted conspiracy theory, Taj Mahal is clearly a Mughal architecture with Persian and indian mix.Shajahan will never build taj for his wife in top of a destroyed temple if he loves her(think frm ur side).And OAK is juggling around with name "Taj Mahal" and a photo nothing more n photos are not considered as evidence in this new digital age.

To me this one is in the same category as tat of "Is Bush a Reptile" conspiracy theory(worst one) ...lol *www.sherryshriner.com/zach-sherry.htm (vry funny)

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ Right said, Taj mahal is a piece of art. A gem on the face of earth & litrally it is one of the best creations in India made by mughals.

It doesn't matter if it was hindu temple or a burial place, in both case it is a respectful place & other then politicians each & every indian admires it.

(Polliticians like to make an issue of everything for vote bank)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
ssdivisiongermany1933 said:
The Writer PN oak has relation with RSS

But then why would RSS not get domain registered in their own name considering the potential of benefit they would achieve if they claim this to be true. Why on earth would they get a western domain name registered.

I am not debating if this is true or not, I am just trying to satisfy my curiosity as to how the RSS comes in picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom