Shocked after uninstalling games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
I tried various games in the january 2005 DVD such as Ahriman's Prophecy, Bombermania,Adventures of Zak McKracken and supermario forever.
These games installed various unknown softwares :!: on my machine which appear in my system tray every time i connect to internet and my connection speed has decreased to a great extent. The software that appear in the sys tray is 'cashback', another one is 'ezstub' which runs automaticaly when windows starts :( . pls help me remove these useless softwares. What's your answer dear digit? :evil:

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Download this software
Spybot search and Destroy

use this software it will scan ur HDD for such unwanted softwares and remove them

KHUBBU

Journeyman
these r most probably adwares., which get installed with some applications u install without reading the license agreement. always read the license agreement, it tells u what all programs u r going to install.

Install Ad-Aware or Spybot S&D 1.3 ( find them on digit dvd/cd). run them , they will fix the problem.

Before this if u want to stop them from loading at startup, Goto RUN, type msconfig , in the startup tab uncheck the entries pertaining to these adwares.

here are some links to manually delete them through registry:
*www.cco.caltech.edu/~alex/pub/CashBack.htm
*www.iamnotageek.com/a/ezstub.exe.php

Hope this solves ur problem.

And yes one more thing, since this is a software related topic so u shud hav posted in the software section.

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
Removed all the useless software that installed themselves. One thing i would like to know that if i install spybot will it run always in the background just like zonealarm or any other antivirus program to keep a check on the spyware and adwares as i am falling short of RAM. already have norton,zonealarm and various other software running in the backgrnd

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
nopes never seen it eating my memory (same dilema as yours)
when using I.E though if any site tries to install any software it efficiently
blocks it
is a lovely SW
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom