Shock for DELL users! Dell sued over 'defective' laptops!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Dell sued over 'defective' laptops
Class action suit alleges defective motherboards

Dell is facing a class-action lawsuit alleging that the company knowingly sold faulty laptops.

The suit rests on the contention that the motherboards used in Dell's Inspiron 1100, 1150, 5100, 5150 and 5160 ranges were "substandard". The firm has already settled a similar case in the US concerning the Inspiron 5150.

"Many people rely on their notebook computers as a means of earning a living and for educational purposes," said Joel P Rochon, a partner at Rochon Genova LLP which is carrying out the action.

"This action seeks to deliver fair compensation to Canadian consumers who own these computers."

The problems were allegedly caused by the use of faulty motherboards, and poor design which left the laptops prone to overheating. The suit claims that Dell knew, or ought to have known, about these problems.

The proposed representative plaintiff, Thad Griffin of Aurora, Ontario, said: "I do not believe that I should be forced to spend hundreds of dollars to fix the defective motherboard, when Dell should have known about this problem at the time they initially sold the computer."

Courtesy: Click here

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
cant keep data on just 1 device .... need to hv bacxk up never wats gonna fail wen

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
^^^ Yes indeed. Problems in mother board is a serious issue. DELL should have solved this issue before shipping the laptops. Overheating is in no way good for a lappy. Now I wonder about the SONY batteries exploding issue which was very hot jus few months back. Batteries can get overheated and explode if the system is drawing more power than the rated power.
Some serious concerns here... :rolleyes:

Sourabh

Laptoping
mAV3 said:
cant keep data on just 1 device .... need to hv bacxk up never wats gonna fail wen

A motherboard issue doesn't risk the hard drive.

Defective laptops are not something new. Getting sued for it is. Almost all laptop manufacturers are known for not fixing some very serious issues, hardware issues. An entire series of HP notebook had keyboard issues where in the keyboard just didn't accept what was typed after the use of Caps lock key. They just released one patch after another, which never solved any problem. Dell also had some issues with the audio input sound port in an Inspiron 700m which was never addressed. They later on went ahead and released an updated model 710m which fixed the issue. MSI also had some similar issues if I am not mistaken.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^wat i was pointing out is the fact ur out with some imp data bang ur lappy goes dead what u gonna do .... gotta hav a backup and besides .... kabhi mobo kabhi battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom