sharing RAM with my on board graphics card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmvrulz

Broken In
can some one tell em how to share my ram with the on board geforce 6100 graphics card.. ?

in bios i didnt find the rite settings

slugger

Banned
memory is dynamically assigned by system 2 d onboard grafix card dependin on requirement

1.5.1.1 Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT)
DVMT enables enhanced graphics and memory performance through Direct AGP, and highly
efficient memory utilization. DVMT ensures the most efficient use of available system memory for
maximum 2-D/3-D graphics performance. Up to 224 MB of system memory can be allocated to
DVMT on systems that have 512 MB or more of total system memory installed. Up to 128 MB can
be allocated to DVMT on systems that have 256 MB but less than 512 MB of total installed system
memory. Up to 64 MB can be allocated to DVMT when less than 256 MB of system memory is
installed. DVMT returns system memory back to the operating system when the additional system
memory is no longer required by the graphics subsystem.
DVMT will always use a minimal fixed portion of system physical memory (as set in the BIOS
Setup program) for compatibility with legacy applications. An example of this would be when
using VGA graphics under DOS. Once loaded, the operating system and graphics drivers allocate
additional system memory to the graphics buffer as needed for performing graphics functions.
Source (PDF files need 2 b d/ld)

but since u asked der iz sum place else wer u cud luk

right-click on d desktop
Properties>SettingsAdvanced option

c if u got sum memory allocation setting der

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom