Sharing internet on 10/100 Ethernet Switch ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi

I have one desktop and one laptop. I had just bought an ethernet switch for sharing internet connxn. Both laptop and desktop have same TCP/IP confg which is shown below :
*img151.imageshack.us/img151/5554/ipir7.th.jpg

When ever I connect both with switch, it says there is conflict of IP address with another system on network. I have tried to change IP of laptop to 192.168.1.3 and others but no use

Can you please help me how to share the connxn over an switch . thanks :)

djmykey

Let the music play.....
You can do this,

In the pc you set the network settings as follows,

IP - 192.168.1.2
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.1.1

In the laptop you set the network settings as follows,

IP - 192.168.1.3
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.1.1

The DNS u need to setup same addresses.

After doing this u should be able to browse your net. I did the same setup and its working properly.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
24online said:
i think it is due to MAC address. if u put same in both, no conflict....

Hello there, do you know what are you suggesting ?? Do you know its quite impossible to change MAC addresses and tho there are methods to do it, its not at all necessary in this case. See if you do not know anything about something please do not mislead.

djmykey said:
Hello there, do you know what are you suggesting ?? Do you know its quite impossible to change MAC addresses and tho there are methods to do it, its not at all necessary in this case. See if you do not know anything about something please do not mislead.

buddy, i m not misleading at all....:mad: my friend has two pc and share net by same mac....its possible....and speed varies if works on two pc at same time.. just try it...
see pic....
*i15.tinypic.com/48ztpg7.jpg

or if not, he has to put proxy switch...

also if he has no router, what is the use of two IP address, as ISP (cablewalla) provided only one local IP ???? :grin:

freebird

Debian Rocks!
if only two PC's,cant we share the internet directly by connecting lan cable btw two lines?:rolleyes::confused::confused: as most pc's comes with cheap lan cards

Last edited:
OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
DJ bhai tumne padha nahin ........
have tried to change IP of laptop to 192.168.1.3 and others but no use

but let me try today again..i will report the results soon

kaam ban gaya :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.