Sharing BSNL Broad-Band between two pcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Hi Lads and Chicks,
I have a BSNL broadband. Also I have two pcs connected in Lan. Right now I can connect to BSNL BROADBAND through USB at a time only on any one pc. I wanna ask, is there anyway I can share broadband on my two pcs so that internet is available on both the pcs. I have one lan card on each pc and my both pcs are in lan.

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
Install a proxy like AnalogX Proxy on the PC connected to internet and add the proxy settings to the other PC

jack// ani

In the zone
There is no need to install proxy...or any other software. Just connect those two pc with crossover utp cable, share your internet connection, configure lan ip address and tweak some windows setting. And you are ready to go....that all. I've done it...works fine for me.

good luck

azzu

AJJU
cool.........here in my city net cafe centers are taking a BSNL broadband (UL) connection and sharing with more than 4 pcs

OP
paragkalra

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
I am a linux guy.........I don't much about windows.........Could u guys n gals please give step by step procedure....................

dissel

Cyborg Agent
open network connections.....right click the connection--->properties--->Advanced---->Under ICS---->Check the "Allow Network other network user.......Connection".

You can also check the other 2 option if you need though...

ok----> Apply.

You can got some error msg....but 1 or 2 restart it will gone....
In the 2 nd comp u need to set TCP/IP settings for lan card

"Obtain IP adress automatically"
Both comp must be restart after applying the settings.
In this case, you need to run the 1st comp (where the BB modem connected) to get Net acess for the 2 nd comp.
thats all.

OP
paragkalra

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Thanx Dissel for your step by step lucid procedure...........I have finally configure internet on my second pc as well................Thanx once again for your over whelming support..............All cheers for Digit Forum............

OP
paragkalra

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
No sir..........I can't do that.........I still hate that BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH........its just about keeping myself up to date

OP
paragkalra

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Hi there,

Just yesterday I told u about sharing internet [bsnl dataone broadband] over two pcs runing WINDOWS XP........................

Today I gonna tell u something which will totally be a bolt from the blue for you...............

Todays Scenario is bit different.........

My brother pawan is sitting on the server running Windows XP..................This pc is directly connected to internet [bsnl dataone broadband] through usb...................

I assigned a static ip to it: 192.168.0.1 [it can be any thing]...................

I am sitting on the client running LINUX [REDHAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 4]..................

The two pcs are connected through cross cable RJ45 [LAN].....................

The aim is same ........I wanna share my internet but this time on LINUX...........

It took me one hour to configure same thing on WINDOWS XP...................

WHERE AS it just took one minute on LINUX.................

This is what you are supposed to ..........

1. Open the TERMINAL/KONSOLE on client running LINUX..........

2. Fire #netconfig

Give a static ip to your client machine other than the one which u gave to your server.........i gave 192.168.0.2.........

Press Tab............SUBNET MASK will be automatically assigned..................

Set Default gateway to 192.168.0.1 [IP which u gave to server]

Set Nameserver to 192.168.0.1 [again the IP which u gave to server]

Press okay and accept the changes............

3. Then fire #service network restart

Thats it............Open the browser.....................and NNNJOYYYYYYYY the sharing of broadband internet on LINUX............

Thats why I say............LINUX PHIR BHI HAI LINUX..........to be continued......

OP
paragkalra

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Re: Sharing BSNL Broad-Band between two pcs. (Windows XP & Suse 10.1 Linux)

Well yesterday it was REDHAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 4 [RHEL4].

Today its my darling SUSE

Sharing INTERNET [Bsnl Dataone Broadband] on Suse 10.1 Linux was bit Taxing.

Scenario is Server running Windows XP and Client running Suse 10.1 Linux

Server is connected to BROADBAND through USB as usual and I am suppose to make SUSE share the internet.

The prerequisite is that the two pcs are connected through RJ45 LAN CABLE.

I gave server running Windows XP a static IP as 192.168.0.1

Come back to SUSE (CLIENT), click YAST.

Under Network Devices you would find Network Card, Left click over it.

Select User Control with Network Manager and click NEXT

Click EDIT tab

Select Static IP

and Give the static IP as 192.168.0.2 and SUBNET MASK as 255.255.255.0

Now on the same window click HOST & NAME SERVER tab.

You need to give station name and domain name, I gave station2 and mshome respectively

Under NAMESERVER1 , enter 192.168.0.1, click Ok

Now click Routing Tab and insert 192.168.0.1 under Default Gateway

Now click Next.

Again click Next to finally accept the changes..............

You are through with the settings and all set to share the internet ...........

Open the browser and surf the internet................

To Be Continued...............

Now its turn of Windows SERVER 2003 to share the BSNL DATAONE BROADBAND internet over Local Area Network.......

Todays scenario is:
Server is running Windows XP...

The client running Windows Server 2003 is connected to server through lan (cross cable).....

On the Server running Windows XP open network connections.....right click the connection--->properties--->Advanced---->Under ICS---->Check the "Allow Network other network user.......Connection".

You can also check the other 2 option if you need though...

ok----> Apply.

You can got some error msg....but 1 or 2 restart it will be gone....

In the 2 nd comp u need to set TCP/IP settings for lan card

"Obtain IP adress automatically"

Both comp must be restarted after applying the settings.
In this case, you need to run the 1st comp (where the BB modem connected) to get Net acess for the 2 nd comp...........

Courtesy: Dissel

to be continued....................

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@paragkalra
real good post man!
i think it will not be apreciated here
better move it to open source
what u say??

Status
Not open for further replies.