Sharing an internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
i ve got two computers with LAN cards in both of em and a hub into which my broadband plugs in.the two computers are connected to the hub. its obvious that my provider knows that im sharing an internet conn over two computers when im allowed only for one. is there a way i can avoid this . ie: have the net on both but displaying only one ip at my isp. as in by routing the second computer through mine or using proxies or ip alias. there must be a way.anyone?

PraKs

Youngling
U can Do it

Hi ,,, Hmm u Can do it man ..

Download Winproxy Or Just enable Internet Connection sharing in windows.

U can Also spoof Ur IP, but thats a big lesson to teach.
Might be u have connected both ur computers to Hub so that Might be ur ISP can see the comp ( MAC Address )

If Possible do this trick..

Install 2 NIC ( Cards ) in one system, Connect one NIC to Hub & 2nd NIC to Other computer's NIC by using RJ 45 Cable.

Enable Internet connection sharing in a computer with 2 NIC's. & assign that NIC IP address of 192.168.0.1 & Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

While on other computer, go to TCP/IP , Give IP as 192.168.0.2 , Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0 & Default Gateway - 192.168.0.1

Done !! It should work, But remember U are going to share the bandwidth. I will give u softwares which will boost the speed.

Get the sharing done & mail me, I will give other softwares.

Bye, take care,

OP
L

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
Install 2 NIC ( Cards ) in one system, Connect one NIC to Hub & 2nd NIC to Other computer's NIC by using RJ 45 Cable

i thought of that too. but then i don need the hub ,do i? i can directly plug
the internet in the comp having two nic's. anyways thanks pal for the configuration details. i ll let you know bout the softwares. and u stay in bangalore right? so we can meet up!

thanks again

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
are you using windows or any other OS. Its very easy in linux using NAT and iptables. The two lan card way works is what i too am using at home. if you want to pick up a network card do it from big apple its there at Rs 200 only

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
nice info PraKs!
i'll add something.... dont forget to check your cables
cross-over cat5 cable for NIC to NIC connection(from comp1 to comp2), and the regular one(from your isp)

it's very important... i wasted 2 days trying to setup a nic to nic connection with non crossover cable.

OP
L

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
dont forget to check your cables
cross-over cat5 cable for NIC to NIC connection(from comp1 to comp2), and the regular one(from your isp)

it's very important... i wasted 2 days trying to setup a nic to nic connection with non crossover cable.

yeah same thing happened to me man. it was crazy . i was wondering where i was wrong for the whole day.

anyways thanks a lot guys. i think i ll do it with a proxy and two nic's. so i ll have give away that hub now ,which i purchased 3 days back and im sure i ll get nothing for it :(

[/u]

go4inet

In the zone
Re: U can Do it

PraKs said:
Hi ,,, Hmm u Can do it man ..

Download Winproxy Or Just enable Internet Connection sharing in windows.

U can Also spoof Ur IP, but thats a big lesson to teach.
Might be u have connected both ur computers to Hub so that Might be ur ISP can see the comp ( MAC Address )

If Possible do this trick..

Install 2 NIC ( Cards ) in one system, Connect one NIC to Hub & 2nd NIC to Other computer's NIC by using RJ 45 Cable.

Enable Internet connection sharing in a computer with 2 NIC's. & assign that NIC IP address of 192.168.0.1 & Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

While on other computer, go to TCP/IP , Give IP as 192.168.0.2 , Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0 & Default Gateway - 192.168.0.1

Done !! It should work, But remember U are going to share the bandwidth. I will give u softwares which will boost the speed.

Get the sharing done & mail me, I will give other softwares.

Bye, take care,

Imressive :)

PraKs

Youngling
Ohhhhh

Oh Boy Boy, Thanks a Lot for So many "Thanks"

LOL, I have been doing this from so many yrs, but never used these tips for the world.

Now will try to give more "GYAN" through Digit :)

Thanks Guys..

Any questions for Networking - Security & Hac*ing , Pls Ask, I will try to ans.

God Bless u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom