Sharing 1 ppoe connection between two winxp pro computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

amandeeps

Right off the assembly line
hi,
I need some help i have a broadband ppoe connection and i want to share it with my other computer which has a crossover network connection both the computers are running win xp pro.i tried with Internet connection sharing (ICS)but all in vain i have 1 lan card on the machine to which i want to share internet with and two lan card which uses a ppoe connection that is 1 for lan and other for ppoe connection.i want to share it without a hub or switch is there any way.

theraven

Technomancer
why didnt ICS work ?
make sure the gateway on the client is the ip address of the host ( connected to net )
that should be 192.168.0.1 if ur using ICS

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- check firewall . zonealarm didnt allow ics connections . i think u need a pro version or something for that
- check user accnts on both systems . i had to create same acct with same passwd on both systems . it might work with diff passwd , never tried it though
- r u able to user net-neighbrhood between the two pc's normally and share files ?
- there is an option called network diagnostics in control panel . it might be helpful

Deep

Version 2.0
i hope your config is like this..

1st lan card - internal ip provided by IPS
2nd lan card - ip 192.168.x.1 or 172.16.x.1 or 10.0.x.1

and ICS enabled on 2nd lan card

and 2nd machine connected through 2nd lan card..

things should work fine

and yes you shall check the things said by klinux in above post.......

Deep

ice

In the zone
Or u could bridge connections and give the 2nd pc and ip on ur ISP's network.

i had done that for a while. That made the second computer a part of the ISP's netwrok too, and my comp acted as a node/booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom