shared video memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

churchinvirus

Right off the assembly line
I have a INTEL810E chipset mother board havin 256 MB SD RAM.i want to increase my video memory which is currently set at 2MB, but there is no option in the BIOS to do so. any body has any idea about it??????????????

choudang

Padawan
if you have AGP slot..... go for Graphics Card ATI or nVIDIA..... some m/b has onboard shared upto 16MB..like intel 865,915...

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
U can also opt for a PCI-e gfx card if ur mobo supports it.

video memory can only be increased by adding gfx cards. although u can allot mor memory to it via BIOS but it will b shared and will not work as fine as dat of a gfx card.

so BEST OF LUCK for agp/pci-e slot & money to get 'em

theraven

Technomancer
his bios doesnt have that feature
and with onboard mem. of 2mb i doubt his bios supports pci-e
infact 810e is a very old chipset ..

As far as I know, Intel 810e chipset boards didn't come with AGP slots (let alone PCI-E slot, LOL "The Incredible" :roll: ). You could go hunting for any old PCI based graphics card (Riva TNT2, Voodoo, 3DFX, ATi Rage 3D etc), but I'd be surprised if you do manage to find one. I had trouble finding a PCI GFX card (for the same board) in 1999 :lol: and got a new system altogether to accomodate my (then) precious Geforce 2MX 32 MB.

Keith

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Keith Sebastian said:
As far as I know, Intel 810e chipset boards didn't come with AGP slots (let alone PCI-E slot, LOL "The Incredible" :roll: ). You could go hunting for any old PCI based graphics card (Riva TNT2, Voodoo, 3DFX, ATi Rage 3D etc), but I'd be surprised if you do manage to find one. I had trouble finding a PCI GFX card (for the same board) in 1999 :lol: and got a new system altogether to accomodate my (then) precious Geforce 2MX 32 MB.

Keith

Hey hey hey , my MOBO has PCI slots and i want a PCI card. plz suggest me one which was da best during da time of PCI. also, tel me their costs n gimme any contacts if u can. Thanks!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
exactly, and among the list only the tnt2 and the voodoo 4000 and above family are better than the onboard 810e (which has the i740 core).

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
churchinvirus said:
hey guys ,if i cant increase it , why is it that in DIRECTX my total video memory is shown to be 32MB.

ok, ur directx is showing dat ur total vid memory is 32 MB. well it is showing ur onboard video memory as well as ur shared memory but i've a doubt, plz tel me how did u came to know dat ur onboard vid memory is 2MB. How do u know when it is not in BIOS. plz tel

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
paul_007 said:
the amount of shared video memory is shown during starting i.e. during th time of booting.

If u answered me then plza read below...

I asked coz I wanted to know that how did he came to know as I think da amnt of total video memory cant b there 32 MB since his onboard vid mem is 2 MB and i think dat in BIOS for sharing there is no option to share 30MB of memory with vid memory. there shud b option like 32 MB, 64MB onstead of 30MB.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
the 2 MB that you see in the BIOS is the memory that is exclusively reserved for the graphic memory and the reason y ur directx details show 32 MB is bcoz intel uses some thing known as DVMT (Dynamic Video Memory Technology).It works by accquiring memory for graphics processing from the RAM as and when required.If u require a larger amount of video memory than currrently being used,like for a game it will take the memory from the RAM and return the memory when u close the game.Incase of the Intel 810 chipset it can take a max of 32 MB video mem. from the RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom