Shared documents ?!!?!? .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

megacoolxs

Broken In
I am the only user on my computer. How the hell do I remove the All Users / Default folder and the Shared Documents folder in Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2. I know it's stupid but it's damn annoying to me. Hell ya ...

I could go on but ...

megacoolxs signing off .....

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Removing Shared Documents folder:
*www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1220/

Don't know about the All Users/Default folder. Better to not mess with it.

saROMan

QA Juggler
All Users / Default folder are the folders contaning info required by other users eg admin,guest,.NET Admin(if u have installed .net framework) etc .....so go to start->cpanel->user acounts and see how many users are there ...if u dont want u can delete all users except the Admin and the one u use to login(Admin n ur account are diff, u can login to admin thru safe mode for troubleshooting)..also chk the space of these folders ..if the size is less..just let it b there...coz u wont get any significant space recoverd from it..also if some important system info is stored in these folders..it can make ur system unbootable.....

saROMan

QA Juggler
All Users / Default folder are the folders contaning info required by other users eg admin,guest,.NET Admin(if u have installed .net framework) etc .....so go to start->cpanel->user acounts and see how many users are there ...if u dont want u can delete all users except the Admin and the one u use to login(Admin n ur account are diff, u can login to admin thru safe mode for troubleshooting)..also chk the space of these folders ..if the size is less..just let it b there...coz u wont get any significant space recoverd from it..also if some important system info is stored in these folders..it can make ur system unbootable.....

anandk

Distinguished Member
u could also use utilities like Safe XP or Tune-Up utilies, to remove your Sharde folders. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom