Shareaza - The Best P2P Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

imcool

Broken In
This article was first featured on my blog at *www.cyberia.in

To start off, i'd like to mention the networks it supports - gnutella, gnutella2, edonkey2000, mesh, morpheus, bitorrent. They're probably five of the best p2p networks today, and shareaza searches and downloads from any of them. The pros about shareaza -

1. Free, Open Source, and No Ads
2. Supports all major networks, so no need to use multiple clients
3. Neat interface with good media player.
4. Low Memory Usage - My experience with limewire was bad since it used about 30 mb of memory, but shareaza, despite a good looking interface takes about 20 mb.
5. Has a torrent search feature as well, what more can you ask for.

The only bad point i've noticed in shareaza is that it takes some time to connect to the network, I'm using a 128 kbps dsl connection, and it took about 5 minutes to connect but after that, it was running at top speed.

geek_rohit

In the zone
I too use shareaza, and I must say I had a very good experience with it. The interface is nice. I normally get good speeds. It does not take too long to connect to the network for me.

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Hmm...i think i should try using shareaza. You are saying it's good only for P2P ?? or is it even good for torrents like the clients azureus and ABC are ?

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I use Ares P2P.

But.....
every1 seems to be happy with Shareaza.. i should try it.

& Does it not have spywares

OP
I

imcool

Broken In
ares and emula are quite good also, but i like shareaza becoz of many networks, and a good interface. Shareaza is open source freeware, so no ads

vysakh

Padawan
i am not able to connect shareaza to edonkey2000
even if i click connect, it shows only disconnected. no signs of connecting
anyone having such probs ?

geek_rohit

In the zone
Goto tools then Quick Start Wizard. Now complete the wizard, then it will ask to download a file to refresh the server list, download it then it will connect to eDonkey. I too had this problem but after downloading the file I'm able to connect to eDonkey.

Delpiero

Journeyman
Shareaza is damn slow. The thing i like about is that it shows huge results. Use ARES it's the fastest P2P S/W.

Charley

Just Do It
Shareaza doesnt connect on my PC . I dont know why. It just stays idle. I am happy with kazaa lite.

OP
I

imcool

Broken In
i've used limewire too, free and pro, but shareaza has more networks, and i'm on 128 kbps dsl which shareaza always uses more than 90% of. The trick with p2p is to download a lot of files (because it's normally slow) at once. And yes, shareaza does have some initial connection problems. Because i don't have my pc now and am using an 'antique' omnibook 900, limewire used to take more memory and made the system slow. right now i have shareaza in background and i don't notice, but with limewire, i was'nt able to even see my typing instantly.

vysakh

Padawan
geek_rohit said:
Goto tools then Quick Start Wizard. Now complete the wizard, then it will ask to download a file to refresh the server list, download it then it will connect to eDonkey. I too had this problem but after downloading the file I'm able to connect to eDonkey.

it didnt ask to download any file

pakkasir

Broken In
I don't know, but on my 512 kbps speed. Shareaza still takes 3 mins. to connect!! I use Warez p2p (along with ZAP 5.5 to prevent any malicious backtracking). The name's describes it all. I strongly suggest you guys give it a try. Only 2.75 MB and still has an inbuilt MP3, video player...etc

PS: I downloaded 10 Linkin Park videos(each around 40 MB) in 36 mins flat. & boy am i Happy!!

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Delpiero said:
Use ARES it's the fastest P2P S/W.
Yes i agree with him. downloads are fast in Ares. It does not carry virus or adware. on the other hand the Kaazalite shows results, but the downloads are dam slow. sometimes the files are also currupt, & i did get virus alerts, thanks to Norton it removed those. since then i stop using Kazaalite.
Ares is gr8.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
achacko@dataone.in said:
But when I was installing Ares it stopped half way through the installation.
may be the file is currupt
download from this link *aresgalaxy.org/download.html

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Go to *www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453073603

What Computer Associates is doing? Which part of World do they live in. Shareaza is spyware free and not a spyware.

Also I recently found that their website changed from www.shareaza.com to *shareaza.sourceforge.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom