ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

shaplus said:
Hello friends,

I have created a small bandwidth meter which will show the bandwidth consumed for the current session, day and month. Currently it has got only few features, will be adding more later.

You can download it from www.shaplus.com/bandwidth-meter/

regards
ShaPlus
Is this software developed by you. And what about Shaplus Dataone bandwidth. Is this also developed by you.

Tell me one thing, how can I affirm that my password is not going to be sent to anyone else through this software. Dont take me wrong, but this is a very important factor before using any new software.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
I jsut downloaded it its great , also there is enable/disable ie images feature which is helpfull (hope it works)
Thanks Shaplus

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Yeah I too use it and its the best. I trust the program so use the password one.
Thanks for creating a great software. .. !

OP
S

shaplus

Right off the assembly line
go4saket said:
Tell me one thing, how can I affirm that my password is not going to be sent to anyone else through this software. Dont take me wrong, but this is a very important factor before using any new software.
Bandwidth meter do not need a internet connection to function, so it will work even if you block access to internet for this software using a firewall.

Dataone Bandwidth(password version) requires internet connection since it is retrieving log from Dataone site itself. You can use a firewall to allow this software to connect only to Dataone site or you can check the traffic log to see which are the sites this software connects to.

kjuvale said:
also there is enable/disable ie images feature which is helpfull (hope it works)
I will be adding quick option to enable/disable flash also. Enable/disable images will work only for new IE's launched after changing this.

Thanks for all feedback

go4saket

shaplus said:
Dataone Bandwidth(password version) requires internet connection since it is retrieving log from Dataone site itself. You can use a firewall to allow this software to connect only to Dataone site or you can check the traffic log to see which are the sites this software connects to.

Thanks for the reply! As you said that we can use a firewall to allow this software to connect to Dataone site only, Can you please explain me how can this be achieved. I am using ZoneAlarm 6 as a firewall. Now, how do I configure my firewall for this software.

Secondly, how do we check the traffic log. Please explain.

I know these explanations goes out of topic, but is very important for me to know before I start using these softwares.

OP
S

shaplus

Right off the assembly line
go4saket said:
Thanks for the reply! As you said that we can use a firewall to allow this software to connect to Dataone site only, Can you please explain me how can this be achieved. I am using ZoneAlarm 6 as a firewall. Now, how do I configure my firewall for this software.

Secondly, how do we check the traffic log. Please explain.

I know these explanations goes out of topic, but is very important for me to know before I start using these softwares.

I personally use sygate personal firewall 5.5. It is not a freeware now but you can download previous freeware version from
*www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=sygate

When installed, right click on its tray icon and there is "logs-> traffic logs" to see ip addresses each program connects to.

To know which are the IPs that are to be permitted for dataone usage checking, first clear the traffic log and check dataone usage using Internet explorer. Now check traffic log and find out the ip addresses that IE connects when checking usage. Now right click sygate tray icon, choose applications, select Dataone-Bandwidth 2.4.exe , and in the advanced section give these IP addresses as trusted IPs.

If Dataone-Bandwidth 2.4.exe is not in your applictions list then, first use it and when prompted to connect to internet, block it. it will come in the list. Later after trusted Ips are given, remove the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom