setting up account in Outlook express

Status
Not open for further replies.

hariharan

Journeyman
How do I setup an account for rediff,yahoo,gmail in Outlook express 6 i jus' need the incoming and outgoing servers and type of account (pop3 or etc)
and also what's a server port number for SMTP and POP3 in this case?
and what other things need to be done so that i needn't go to all the websites and check for my mails. I want everything to be here in Outlook itself (both sending and receiving mails)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Rediff , Yahoo, Gmail doesnt offer POP3 service for freee.. You will need some third party tools like YahooPops & Eprompter to use it .. But it will void your terms of use ... Use at your own cost ...

BlAsTeR

Broken In
Well if you are talking about free mail service you cannot get mails on outlook experss except hotmail. If you are using paid service consult the service provider for more information.

With yahoo i saw one program in digit cd somthing like http2pop
i dont remember that and never tried ,
other tachi's might post if they have tried.

tuxfan

Technomancer
krazydude said:
HotPOP does not work since hotmail brought the payment mode in for POP access
Eh? Whats HotPOP got to do with hotmail? I am using hotpop regularly and it works without problems.

As regards MyRealBox, I am using that too ;). But I have heard that they have stopped more signups. At least I couldn't see any signup links on the main page. But you can check it out. Actually, it is a gratuitious service provided by Novell to test some of their applications.

myrealbox.com said:
What is MyRealBox?

MyRealBox is an Internet service based on Novell NetMail and eDirectory. The sole purpose of this site is to enable the NetMail engineering team to gain valuable information about how these products function in real-world high-volume situations. In essence, MyRealBox is a very large beta test site for NetMail. Many issues with NetMail are discovered and corrected through MyRealBox before they make their way into the commercially available product. Because of the testing nature of this site, service outages are to be expected from time to time as problems are discovered and diagnosed. We make every effort to minimize these outages; nevertheless, they do occur and are unpredictable in nature. After a service outage, the result is usually a more stable and better service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom