Set ur own Album Art for Folder and Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrit1

Are we there yet?
For this you can select any graphic from your browser and save it inside the folder you want and rename it to "Folder.jpg" {without quotes}.

Now when you play any music that resides in that folder, the Media Player will automatically pick up the graphic and display it
:D :lol:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I have a query, I d/led the whole OST of LOTR:ROTK, now, I am sure there was no image in that d/l. But in the thumb folder view it shows the movie image automatically even tho theres no photo in that folder nor even on my comp on the whole.. how did this happen? and this is true for LP : Meteora and Collision Course too :? :? :?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I mean to say that even tho there exists no image files in my music folder, there is a thumbnail of the cd cover available when I play the music... how is that?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Album Covers are usually hidden files. Check to see if there's a hidden graphic file in that foler.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Make sure u hv enabled the option "Show Hidden file/folders" and hv unchecked the checkbox saying "Hide Protected Operating System FIles (Recommended)" in FOLDER OPTIONS.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I tried that too VG and Nemesis - Still can find em' I think this happened after I used some Mac theme for winamp...

djmykey

Let the music play.....
The album art is embedded in the MP3 file I have done it a no of times it goes with the ID3 tags. Use a utility like Tag&Rename or something else and u can see it inside the MP3 file. This increase the general size of the album thats y always keep only 1 grafic file that too in the album directory.

shaunak

Tux Fan
you can check for hidden album art and also edit it by doing this:
Say your song is stored in folder c:\songs\albumz\z.mp3
start any photo editing tool
do: file>open>then type in c:\songs\albumz\AlbumArtSmall.jpg

if you are using wmp then it is possible the it automaticaly downloaded album info and art

Simpler way: if you have ares then let it hash your somgs folder and use the ares library to check all the album art on your system

Last edited:

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
@qwerty:that's happening because the thumbnail is being loaded from the icon cache,which was last refreshed when u downloaded the album.
Refresh the icon cache and that thumbnail will disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom