Server as PC(price confusion)

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by jz2linkinpark, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jz2linkinpark

jz2linkinpark New Member

hey doods!
    now,i ordered a pc a few days ago based on e6400 proccesor,1.0gb ddrII 667 mhz ram,320gb seagate barracuda harddrive,atx xabinet,550 watt smps power,dvd-rw benQ,gigabyte 8I945P S3 mobo,geforce 7300gs and 19inch LG crt.
    this baby cost me $968,but then,today at work,the manager called me and told me that some of the parts i was looking for were not available with their dealer and so i cancelled my order,now this was just the biggest of the so called 'small shops'.if they don't have a part,it means that it isn't available with any of the street dealers,so a few hours ago i went to the more reputed dealer in town,and i made a list of the parts i wanted in my computer,this is the list:
    intel core2duo e6400 proccy
    asus p5b deluxe mobo
    2gb ddr-ii 667 mhz ram
    hdd 300gb samsung sata II
    Asus Nvidia GF EN7600GS graphics
    CASE ATX
    ASUS DVD-RW
    Keyboard and mouse
    LCD 17" samsung sync master 740n
    they are charging a staggeringly high $1320(rs.60000),should i get this rig or should i just forget about it and get along with my 2.4ghz p4?
    are they tricking me with the price of any part?they are also saying that this is a server,is this true?

2. Stalker

Stalker New Member

for that config, i think its a reasonable price...........atleast in INDIA!!

3. vinyas

vinyas New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.