Serious Ubuntu Battery Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

adit_sen

In the zone
Hi all..

Ubuntu Edgy run's great when i'm plugged in, but the moment I switch to my battery on my laptop, I get a funny problem. I get a message '99% battery remaining, 6minutes remaining'. Then it goes to '97% battery remaining. Critical power. 2minutes remaining'. And finally it goes to 96%, and it shuts down the computer. Even when there's 96% left!!!!! And just to ensure there's no problem with my battery, I boot up with windows and there's no problem watsoever. I can run for a good 2hr stretch before the battery dies down.

How do I fix this? And how do I get Ubuntu not to switch off on the basis of time remaining, but on % of battery life remaining?

Cheers,
Aditya

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Adit_sen, Looks like a bug to me. Send a bug-report to the Ubuntu team. Hopefully
it will get fixed in the next release of Ubuntu Linux.

mediator

Technomancer
Well my laptop has Edgy too, but there's no such problem in it! It works awesome.
You may goto preferences > power management and see there, if anything's wrong. Try updatig ur system too.

praka123

left this forum longback
something with acpi may be.there are scripts in /etc/acpi/ where battery options are also there.try to read.
may be trying with acpi=off in grub's kernel line and try booting.....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom