SERIOUS PROBLEM!! PC restarts on download

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkar1986

Broken In
I hav got a serious problem...Whenever i start downloading anything my pc gets automatically restart.I hav a netcafe and i think som of my costumer hav done this.i hav windows xp running.i hav also scanned my system for virus..but there is nothing.This has happened to only one pc.

Help needed..plz

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Hi pushkar , does it show a countdown like " Shutting Down in 60 secs " or something like that .
IF that's so it's the SASSER worm .
neways try typing 'shutdown -a ' in run . update ur anti-virus & if it detects the vius/worm 'SASSER' go to ms.com & u can find the removal tools for it.

anandk

Distinguished Member
yes pushkar, give more details, is there such a countdown as mehrarakesh has askd ? if yes click *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34461&highlight=lovesan+blaster

OP
P

pushkar1986

Broken In
There is no such countdown......if the file is small it gets downloaded eg if file size is 200kb it gets downloaded....but if file size is more ie.1mb or more then the download starts and suddenly after couple of seconds comp gets restarted.I hav seen this type of problem 1st time....help me.....

Make it fast...

OP
P

pushkar1986

Broken In
i cant report my problem to microsoft bcos like everyone else i dont have licenced copy of windows

yes 1 hav sp2.
..ty.

Last edited:

sabret00the

Youngling
check ur power supply for realiability issues and also try to run the computer in safe mode for sometime and see if it works fine or not?

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
I've seen this issue occur due to some issue with AntiVirus, where over slow internet connection if the complete file is'nt downloaded within the timeframe the AV causes the system to reboot.
Make sure your AV is up to date and then try again. Also try monitoring the processes working on your computer at the time of download look at the one with High number of threads and I/O operations in that interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom