serious problem, help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
whenever i start my PC it reaches till the windows xp loading screen but after that it restarts again and same thing happens.
can anyone help me with it?

thanx in adv.

phatratt

In the zone
try to boot in safe mode.the problem could be either with the hardware(ram,smps) or with the os(corrupted)

Techinator

Broken In
it happened with my friends comp. it figured out to be virus problem. I had to format the comp to gt it right. it was figured that it was virus coz this happened on his comp twice and the second time the antivirus gave a warning and my friend ignored at and on next restart the problem happened agian. so again formated...

GOOD LUCK...

OP
I

imported_tarang

Broken In
i tried safe mode but the same thing no improvement
i also did fixmbr and fixboot with recovery consol but no progress
i think it might be virus.
any onther idea?

yashved

Broken In
imported_tarang said:
i tried safe mode but the same thing no improvement
i also did fixmbr and fixboot with recovery consol but no progress
i think it might be virus.
any onther idea?

Try disabling the auto restart from System Properties>Advanced Tab>Start and Recovery Settings.

vysakh

Padawan
have u installed any bootscreen changer or anything like that ?
or have u edited the boot.ini file ?

Techinator

Broken In
if it is what i am guessing even LKGC wont work.
while formatting my friend's comp both the times i found that windows xp installer while giving option of partitioning was not able to recognize the file system of C: . it was showing it as unknown. it might be a virus which has corrupted the file system.

what you can do is try installing some small linux distro and try to save your data by mounting your partitions into linux... i hv not tried it but it might work.

OP
I

imported_tarang

Broken In
no i havent touched anything like boot.ini file
i was doin my normal work and i kept sometin for downloading and left it as it is. after i came back i saw that windows is restarting again and again.
i think of it as virus attack. if anyone can tell me how do i remove it without formating the HDD, i will be thankful ?

OP
I

imported_tarang

Broken In
i tried every option in from the screen we get after pressing f8. but the same thing.
and when i try to install OS with XP bootable CD it works fine. it shows 2 partitions i have.
i just dont want to format my HDD.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Have you tried repairing your installation? Boot with the WinXP CD and select Repair at the second time (the first time is for Repair with Recovery Console, dont go there)... For detailed instructions, check out *www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm - read instructions carefully there...

As mentioned there, it will be necessary to install updates again after this, so have a copy of SP2 and the latest autopatcher in hand...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom