Series 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
I Want To Buy A New Phone Under 8 K

And I Decided To Go For Nokia 5300 Xpress Music

But Only One Draw Back Is That It Is S40 Based Phone .

But It Has Java .

So Is There Any Apps For S40 .

Do Default Apps Fullfill Our Needs . Means Video , Music ,camera Etc .

It Has Java So Can I Install All Java Games Or Again S40 Is The Problem .

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
5300 is good one, but before buy it, check 5500 price, according to a site its price come down to 8.4k, and its a Symbian phone also, so its better to buy S60 phone than S40 :)

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
5500 look = ahhhh

5500 screen = ahhhh

no way 5300 is the best

yes features wise 5500 is good but even look and screen matters

and 5300 is not bad even with features .

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i have a 5300 bought just back 2 weeks ago it's great but it's a bit trouble to create playlists if u have many songs of diff genres screen is the best but i think u will need to upgrade the firmware if u want error free games.

speed is great and music playback quality is excellent don't be fooled by the sony ericsson series earphones they only have loud playback but the quality is missing

i got the phone for 8.4k plus 2gig card for 1.1k giving the 256mb card back.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Nokia 5300 XpressMusic is a gr8 phone. I has excellent sound quality and gr8 display hving 262k (18bit) colors with 240x320 display. 5500 has 208x208 display (square type).
Check this:
Specification
Specification
Review

If ur approach is to lister music more then go for 5300 or if u r a fan of symbian then go for 5500.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
I am looking ahead for 5300

but what about video player ? = how is it ?

how is camera app in the phone ?

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
video playback is ok considering it supports only 176x144 vids compared to its res. of 240x320 and sometimes the video hangs if u suddenly change to fullscreen but surely better than others.

camera is decent but i wish i could change the settings of the default .jpg format or save images in raw coz it compresses the image too much i think i little larger size would have been nice for the quality and it's a bit slow in night mode compared to sony ones same applies to video recording.

dunno abt other phones coz this is my 1st multimedia phone

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Dude, dont go for S40, it looks damn cheap!!! Better try and arrange for a a few bucks more, and go for E50. It was around 10K long time back, should be lesser now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom