sending mails automatically while monitoring inventory using spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
One of my friend uses spreadsheets for inventory monitoring. What he wants is that if he enters a delivery date for a certain item, then about a week prior to that an email should be dispatched to the concerned person regarding the needs, if the needful isn't done my friend will set off a trigger which will send another mail to a higher authority.
The company will order raw materials only after the order for the product requiring the raw material has been placed.
Let me give an example here.
The company needs item X to manufacture product Y, the production will be started on say 10th September, the order for the product Y is placed today. So, tomorrow my friend will add an entry for requirement of certain quantity of X on 6th of September, so as to have a certain time period for contingencies. So, an email placing an order for specified amount of X needs to be sent on 31st August automatically to the salesman. If there is no or unsatisfactory response from the salesman, another mail will be dispatched to an higher authority on activation of certain trigger.
Can this be handled using spreadsheets and mail merge using some macros? Is there any other way to do this using some easy to use software?

OP
M

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
^^ Whats the Spread sheet application he is using?
MS Excel.

There seems to be a way using macros - *spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/sending_personalized_email_from_excel/
But, what I need is to get the figures from spreadsheet i.e. dates and email address. Whereas, letter template will be taken from word processor. emailing can either be done from outlook or so I guess.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ most of the stuff can be done from macro. VBA is powerfull enough for this task .. else a external app can be made to handle the task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom