Send Free SMS Worldwide by Orkut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
*img1.orkut.com/img/doodle/orkut_logo.gif*img1.orkut.com/img/doodle/orkut_logo.gif

Google's Orkut Beta is trying everything new these days
recently they launched Apps & now they are looking forward for skins
But lets get onto the topic

Mycantos has developed application to provide free SMS facility to all Orkut users
So u can now send free SMS worldwide by Orkut not only to orkut users but also to any person
So be connected :D

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
I have been using this application since it was introduced (a week back or so). Very reliable application. The sms is delivered within seconds.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
what about Privacy ?
Even I am concerned about this one. In the last few months, I have received a couple of (unsolicited) advertisements on my mobile phone. I don't know who gave them my number.

Then I recollected, some of my friends had sent me 'free SMS from some website'. I am sure that website must have included this in their privacy policy but my e-illiterate friends won't know about it. Most of the those friends are absolute nerds when it comes to internet. They think 'Internet has SO MUCH to give that too abolutely free of cost'. But all this at the cost of my cell phone no and privacy. Thats why I don't give my cell no to every tom, dick and harry if they ask me. I better give them my 'crapbox email id' because it has a good 'spam' button.

din

Tribal Boy
Stay away from all these 'free sms mania'

Else expect a lot of 'nice' ads in your mobile inbox !

After email spamming, it is mobile spamming.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Doesnt DnD take care of such unsolicited messages from third parties ?
I don't think they take care because by using their 'free SMS service', you are agreeing to their terms of use and privacy policy(which 99.5% users never bother to read) which clearly state how they will be using your mobile no. or email address. So its like a 'consent' to receive ads.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
I had posted so because i am yet to receive any such ads on my number. I get messages from mytoday, mginger and rockyou astrology. And all these services i had specifically subscribed for...

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
^^ I never receive any advertising messages all though i have used these apps..
Even indyarocks offer free sms, my friends use them.
These sites help u a lot whn u r studying in a boardings skoool wth no cellphones! :D

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Yes don't give number to anyone.
Also dont SMS to any number like 5555 or 59598 whatever they are.

I have not used any service from any one. Not even any Airtel Service

And I hate AIRTEL.

AIRTEL SPAMS with hell of offers and messages and crap. FCUK them.

Will soon change.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Looks like another spamming service. For signing up you will get 50 SMS. After that for every invite of your who joins them, additional 10 SMS. There is no free lunch.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ But its unlimited if we add the application through orkut, it seems. Dont know about the UL part though :p because i send only 2-3 msgs using that application...

nvidia

-----ATi-----
More Spam. All those dumb orkut users will surely use this service.
In a few years from now, we will all be looking for phones and service providers having good spam filters..

goobimama

 Macboy
Stay away from all these 'free sms mania'

Else expect a lot of 'nice' ads in your mobile inbox !

After email spamming, it is mobile spamming.
If that is the case all my friends should expect a nice little SMS from me soon :D

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Anyways my friend sent me an sms using this service and even I used it twice or thrice.
No spams till now and I hope it stays the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom