Sempron processor Fan -- always constant speed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabster

In the zone
the processor fan of my AMD sempron 2500+ is always running at a constant speed of 3443 rpm...when idle or even on full load...
Since it is 2500+ it doesn't support CnQ technology.

Is it a problem of motherboard or it is like this only... ?
i am using gigabyte k8mv800 mobo.
though Intels stock fans have speed control...does AMD provide this in semprons ???

G

gxsaurav

there should be an option in Motherboard BIOS about speed offan, control, so that under low load, it slows the fan speed

cool & quite has nothing to do directly with FAN, it just lowers the clock speed of CPU which in turn lowers the fan speed with fan speed control enabled in BIOS

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I have got the same mobo but with athlon 64. And cool & quiet works for me. And as of urs if the processor doesn't supports C&Q then ur fan's speed will not change. 1st make sure that ur processor supports c&Q or not

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
My sempron 2500+ doesn't support CnQ, but that technology is for changing the cpu voltages...as gxsaurav said...and it has nothing to do with fan speed.

sakumar79

Technomancer
if I remember correctly, sempron 64-bit processors below 3000+ do not support the cool and quiet technology. the cool and quiet technology is the one that senses the load on the processor and reduces its speed when it is lightly loaded...

Arun

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
Hey,
sempron 3000+ and higher only support this CnQ technology....
I suppose that yr Mobo supports this technology
but yr processor doesn't have the CnQ capability...

Since my mobo doesn't support CnQ i am not bothered,
Hey somebody answer my question :x , Are sempron fans made to work at constant speeds or there speeds may vary on load changes...

the Intel normal PGA 478 processors with 845GV Mobo have capability to change the Processor fan speed depending on load.

Is it so in AMD also or they they always run at constant speed ?
What i am observing that it is always constant on my sempron 64 2500+ and Gigabyte k8mv800 mobo combi...

--

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
I have found out the reason for it....
These Gigabyte guys are fooling everybody when they have compatibility issues why do they go on selling products saying that they are compatible.... :x

See the FAQ...They say that the newer AMD E6 revision processors have different behaviour and the smart fan capability is disabled for such processors...

Follow the link on their sites...
*tw.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/FAQ_List.aspx?FAQID=4648

darklord

Cyborg Agent
you can download a small tool called Speedfan.Using this tool you can reduce fan speed manually.

Also the CPU Heatsink Fan is thermally controlled,its speed increases or decreases according to temperature changes for the CPU.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
darklord said:
you can download a small tool called Speedfan.Using this tool you can reduce fan speed manually.

Also the CPU Heatsink Fan is thermally controlled,its speed increases or decreases according to temperature changes for the CPU.

This is what I feel corect.

V.Prem Kumar

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
Yeah, The speedfan utility worked....But Was able to just half the fan speed using the configure window. How can the fan speed be varied dynamically according to the processor temperature....using the same utility...

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
Yeah, The speedfan utility worked....But Was able to just half the fan speed using the configure window. How can the fan speed be varied dynamically according to the processor temperature....using the same utility...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom