Selling and buying cricketers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
I cannot understand whtz going on??? can ne1 tell me wht is all going on??why are the international players being bought?

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
Zee Telefilms (part of the Essel group, which is promoted by Subhash Chandra) bid for the telecast rights to the 2003 Cricket World Cup. Although the highest bid, it was unsuccessful. In 2004, Subhash Chandra again bid for telecast rights and ended up in an inconclusive court battle. He bid again for the 2006-10 rights and once again lost. He responded by creating the ICL. “They denied us the cricket content,” says Himanshu Mody, business head of ICL and Zee’s sports channels, “so, we had to create our own content”.[2] Zee Telefilms announced that it would partner infrastructure major IL&FS to create a new, ambitious cricket organisation, the Indian Cricket League (ICL).[3] This league will have a prize money of $ 1 million for the winner. The ICL was set up with a Rs. 100 crore (Rs. 1 billion) corpus, and would initially comprise six teams, to be expanded to sixteen in three years. This will make ICL the richest professional league in the country, with an annual prize of $1 million (Rs. 4.4 crore).
It is all about the "Indian premier league" for organising domestic matches in
india...
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Cricket_League

Not the ICL.. The IPL
yeah,,post edited

I cannot understand whtz going on??? can ne1 tell me wht is all going on??why are the international players being bought?
It is a simple concept..IPL is makin teams by getting players from different countries to make teams representing different regions in india( like we have in ranji matches) and will broadcast it on zee-sports channel,, as it was not
given permision to broadcast international matches!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom