Segate harddrive crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

willrock

Right off the assembly line
i have 1 160 gb hdd crashed and all my valuable data gone but is there any way in which my hdd can be recovered bcoz in my hdd which has 4 partitions suddenly data of 1 partition get corrupted and then i restarted the computer then my all the 3 logical partitions get disappeared and only 1 primary partition is working.is there any way by which i can recover or make appear those 2 partitions which do not get corrupted :roll:

swatkat

Technomancer
You can use DiskInvestigator to view the partitions surpassing the OS by reading the sectors of HDD directly.
Also, you can use PC Inspector File Recovery to recover the files and folders.
Both are freewares.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Seagate hard disks are CR@P i have seen sooooooooo many seagate drives crash that i've lost count. What is the use of a five year warranty if the drive crashes 50 times in 5 years and u loose all ur data everytime???

Anyway, try Easy recovery pro (by ontrack systems) or tye using file scavenger.

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
kalpik said:
Seagate hard disks are CR@P i have seen sooooooooo many seagate drives crash that i've lost count. What is the use of a five year warranty if the drive crashes 50 times in 5 years and u loose all ur data everytime???

Anyway, try Easy recovery pro (by ontrack systems) or tye using file scavenger.

Yeah you should havegone for Samsung atleast. :)

But now about your problem.Tell us which OS you are using .

One thing struck me as odd . You said that the data on one partition got corrupted.How did this happen?

Also due to the corruption that partition crashed.Now you say that two more have vanished . :shock: :shock:

An educated guess is that this did not happen automatically.Did you fumble around with fdisk or something and that is why those partitions crashed.If it is so then please tell precisely what you did.... :) :)

Also check if those partitons are accessible from DOS......

Get back here with your reply and then maybe we will be able to help you better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom