see pic- pls tel weather this mobo has an AGP slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

click on the link and pls tell weather it has an AGP slot. thanks. its a biostar M6TWL.

*img52.exs.cx/img52/9295/biostarm6twl8yo.jpg

OP
nix

nix

hi

thanks, now since my mobo has no AGP, can you suggest a good PCI based graphics card? i have one PCI slot free :D

psappuin

Broken In
Buddy
Well PCI Graphics card are very rare to find, they are off market now.
I too made a indepth search of the market but to my great dimise found none
If you get to know abt some which are not extinct plz inform me also
amit

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
A Biostar M6TWL is based on the 810e chipset and does not have an AGP slot. As you already know, good PCI graphics cards are rare. You have these options :

1) A PCI card in the GeForce 4 MX class is occasionally offered at Baazee.

2) May be easier to find at eBay if you have someone to pay for it in the USA.

3) You could try putting up a Wanted ad in the Digit forum Bazaar section.

4) Even if you can find it, it's usually much more expensive than an equivalent AGP card. As an alternative, you could look for a socket-370 (P3/Celeron) motherboard with an AGP slot (e.g. an 815 motherboard).

The motherboard plus AGP card may be more expensive than a PCI card alone, but not very much more because the AGP card will be cheaper than its PCI counterpart, and you will have a much wider choice of cards.

OP
nix

nix

hi

after much research, i found a cheap and a good PCI interface card. here it is---VisionTek Xtasy 9200SE(ATI), 128 MB(DDR SDRAM) PCI interface. from $68-90. i can tell my brother to bring this for me. now , thats reasonable for a reasonably good card. the best PCI card is voodoo5 FX 5500. thats too expensive at $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom