Security Threat! Important!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkvic19

Broken In
I had left my PC without any Antivirus since some weeks... misunderstanding the threat when I was not connected to the web last month.
When it started showing up some bugs and errors... I thought it was time to search for Viruses and malware...

I downloaded Microsoft's Malware Removal tool .... surprisingly it found 1037 threats from same Virus [ Win32/Parite.b ] ... including infected registry..
* Eventually this virus logged itself in several files...
* It even captured Nero and disabled other tools such as PowerISO too.
* I can't even install any software or tool anymore!

My PC is under complete captivity.
Although there's a lot of data to be backed up... but no solution!

Can something be done!?
Waiting for experts at the forum to follow up...

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
1. Try NOD32 or Kaspersky.

2. If you cant run them, use IE to run *housecall.trendmicro.com/

3. Even then if you cant run, take your hard disk, insert it in another comp, and try solution 1 or 2.

OP
R

rkvic19

Broken In
I don't think putting Hard Drive in another PC is an option... Virus will still be there on the disk itself!

In case formatting and reinstalling XP is a final option...
Then can anyone suggest most secure way to clean the hard drive to the fullest?

Thanks.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I don't think putting Hard Drive in another PC is an option... Virus will still be there on the disk itself!
he was asking to put the hdd in a diffcomp and then run a virus scan on dat hdd........

In case formatting and reinstalling XP is a final option...
Then can anyone suggest most secure way to clean the hard drive to the fullest?

Thanks.
Low-level format..........i.e. delete the partition.....:D

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I had left my PC without any Antivirus since some weeks... misunderstanding the threat when I was not connected to the web last month.
When it started showing up some bugs and errors... I thought it was time to search for Viruses and malware...

I downloaded Microsoft's Malware Removal tool .... surprisingly it found 1037 threats from same Virus [ Win32/Parite.b ] ... including infected registry..
* Eventually this virus logged itself in several files...
* It even captured Nero and disabled other tools such as PowerISO too.
* I can't even install any software or tool anymore!

My PC is under complete captivity.
Although there's a lot of data to be backed up... but no solution!

Can something be done!?
Waiting for experts at the forum to follow up...

There is some live CD based virus scanners to try. Avast! and BitDefender have the options of live CD scanners equipped with their own AV Scanners while some linux distro like knoppix offers ClamAV which is a open source AV.

Avast! has a paid Live CD based solution. See it here : *www.avast.com/eng/avast_bart_cd.html
FYI it is using the BartPE environment so u will feel right at home with it.

Another one from BitDefender is available here : *www.bitdefender.com/site/LinuxDefender-Mirrors.html

You can also download the virus-specific removal tool from here to remove the stated virus from your PC : *www.bitdefender.com/site/Downloads/downloadFile/158/FreeRemovalTool

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Use Hiren's Boot CD. It's a live CD which contains many security tools, partition tools, data recovery tools etc.

You should know better than to connect to the web without an AV!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hiren's boot CD is illegal, since it contains warez versions of software in it. You cant find it on its homepage, you have to get it through torrents or some warez site. Thats why you can try -

BartPE
Ultimate Boot CD.

Both are good.

mrintech

Technomancer
In future use this combination if you feel so: *tech-baby.co.cc/2008/09/13/best-combination-of-security-freewares-for-home-users

Also never ever leave your PC on the mercy of viruses and trojans. You will never know when they attck you.

a-squared and spyware terminator are best. Regarding AVG you can use Avast or Avira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom