Security Software For Windows 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer10

ClubHost.in
I installed windows 2003 Server today, however the antivirus (kaspersky) and firewall (zonealarm) which I used when I had XP or 2000 Pro does not work in windows 2003 server. Just wanted to know is there any other good antivirus and good firewall that can work on windows 2003 server?

and where can I download them?

Thanx in advance :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm u have to get AVS for windows server versions like

1. Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition

2. KAV Server solution

3. Panda Antivirus for Windows Server 2003

4. AVG server edition

hmm but not all of them r free....

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
This topic on Firewall for Windows 2003 has been discussed at *community.sgdotnet.org/forums/20084/ShowPost.aspx Maybe you will get your answer here.

Also check this firewall listed: *www.fx.dk/firewall/windows.html

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
cancer10 said:
BTW, wot about firewall? :D

its not recomendd to firewall ur server... u may have problem in the clints... even.. by default the Windows inbuilt firewall is turnd off in win2k3....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
cancer10 said:
lol, I dont want to serve as a server, I ahve a standalone PC ;)

geee... :shock: :shock: mate as u know this OS is for server perpous... so no fanci home computing is easy on this system... neither game nor many software... majority of softwares wont support this OS... any way... why do u want to pay such a large amount?? opt for XP... :D :D will give far better performance & value for money for stand alone PC.... :wink: :wink:

OP
C

cancer10

ClubHost.in
Like I said in my previous thread, Everything for me is free :D and did u know there is a trick to make a server work as workstation ;)

All the software are running on my server except the firewall and antivirus that I used when I had XP.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
cancer10 said:
and did u know there is a trick to make a server work as workstation ;)

All the software are running on my server except the firewall and antivirus that I used when I had XP.

:lol: :lol: ... by ur comment i do know that the trick u r talking about didnt worked for u....

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
I use Mcafee Enterprice edition 8.0 for AV
I use Sygate Firewall

All this work without any probs in win 2003......

@Saurav_Cheeta

I use all the software i use in xp and even play all the games that i play in xp... Recently i played Lord of the Rings... Its performance in 2003 was better than the xp...

I use win 2003 as a backup OS incase my xp goes down.... I have changed the looks of win 2003 to imac... Now it is really good......

Regards,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom