secure32.html is this spyware? how to remove this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Recently my pc has been infected by some kind of virus or spyware. whenever i open the IE c:\secure32.html opens and informs me that "detected spyware! system error #384" and goes on to give me my IP address and links to to some sites: ***.spy-sheriff.com etc. It also informs me that risk status is "very high risk". What is this? How to get rid of this?

casanova

The Frozen Nova
wen u delete this file, it is restored. You will need to delete files from ur temporary internet folder also. I do nt think that it is a spyware, since I had no problems other than my default address being redirected to this file.
Alos change ur default address back to say google

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I searched and found that "secure32.html is generated by a program called Paytime.exe, which is located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ folder.

So do following:

1.) END TASK of Paytime.exe in Task Manager.
2.) GOTO: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ and delete the file "Paytime.exe".
3.) Also delete the file "secure32.html" from ur C: drive.

Now after restarting the comp, u can safely start Internet Explorer and set the settings to Default... :)

anandk

Distinguished Member
this link will also help u in its removal *forums.spybot.info/archive/index.php/t-1297.html

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
There is no such file of paytime on my computer. I deleted all temporarary files from my pc. But secure32.html still persists.

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
Download HijackThis and unzip it to dedicated folder (like C:\HijackThisFolder\hijackthis.exe).
Then run it and click the button Do a System scan and save log file. HijackThis will perform a scan and saves the log file as hijackthis.log in the same folder where it is installed and it also opens the file automatically.
Copy the entire contents of the file and post it back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom