1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

SE W550 VS 6630

Discussion in 'Mobiles and Tablets' started by BLITZ~KRIEG!, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLITZ~KRIEG!

BLITZ~KRIEG! New Member

well guys i hv finally boiled down to these two models...whch one should i buy? and whats the price of w550 in kolkata?

2. deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me New Member

I'd say the 6630 ... much better build .... and the best thing is the availability of applications ....

3. deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me New Member

*EDIT* ooops .....

4. moshel

moshel New Member

i was trapped for choice between these two phones only.

see 6630 is not one of the most beautiful phone around, which W550i is,

u can get many applications for 6630 but its not the same for W550i

6630 has expandable memory, but W550i doesnt!

but still the main reason why i went for the W550i was becos of the music, man it has got 3 speakers in all, MP3 files play frm 2 speakers, and the headsets are very cool, u can also connect the phone to ur stereo or Hi-Fi. evn when u play music in full volume, its like u r listening to a decent enough system.

so u decide on Applications or music, u have to use it, so u have to choose it

5. OP
    OP
    BLITZ~KRIEG!

BLITZ~KRIEG! New Member

w550

applications...nokia obviously has a larger database...but arent the games of se far better than nokia? and can EDGE be used for broadband surfing?

6. cryptid

cryptid New Member

dude take my advice and go for a Nokia 6630,, i used both 6630 and w550,, 6630 is far better than w550 in almost all ways,,
    first off u cant zoom in w550 when u want to take pics u can only zoom in video mode,,, where as 6630 u have smooth 6x digital zoom in both pic mode and video mode,,, 6630 can take 1 hr long vids,,, and it has expandiple memory,,,let me list out a few things i use my 6630 for

*A webcam(mobilo cam)
    *Movie player(Smart movie,, can watch full lenght movies if u have a 256mb card u can have upto 2 full movies on it)
    *Can control my whole PC with in bluetooth range(its like having a small keyboard and mouse with u i can change songs in my winamp playlist and dont have to keep running to my keyboard to fast forward aor rewind movies i can sit on my bed and do every thing,, its the coolest software ){Control freak2}
    *Browse the net(with EDGE i get speeds around 160kbps download and 115kbps upload)
    *Music Player(can play almost all kinds of file i.e .wma .mp3 .mp4 .m4a .rm .ogg .aac){wmaplus! player}

and much much more stuff can be done,, infinte possiblities

the only cons i can think of is that it dosent have a flash for it camera but its night mode does a pretty good job and the default ear phones are not that great try and get a 6680/81 ear phones they have better sound quality and the loaud speaker may not be as good as a w550 i.e if want to listen to ur mp3 but does a pretty decent job

if ur worried about where to get the softwares do a quick google search or just PM me and i will let u know ;-P

7. aadipa

aadipa New Member

You can zoom if you take pics at lower resolution.

Ever checked Floats Mobile Agent (FMA) ? It can do much more than that with SE phones and that too right from SE T610 to latest W900i

As a phone, I find N6630 much better than W550, but as music player (walkman), W550 beats N6630 by far.

8. cryptid

cryptid New Member

@aadipa
    Whats the use of having a high resolution camera when ur not able to make complete use of it
    &
    i checked out FMA its no where close to what Control Freak does,, just check control freak out and u will understnd,, i have nothing against SE phones but when when u compare 6630 and w550, i think 6630 is the better of two phones,,,
    i agree that w550 is a better music player than 6630,, well thats was main freature of that phone and if w550 didnt do a good job as a mp3 playr then it would a shame on SE & not that 6630 doesnt have a good mp3 player the sound output is as good as my ipod

9. coolendra

coolendra Neil is Here...

Jst close ur eyes and go for........

nokia 6630..

10. gdatuk

gdatuk New Member

6630 is the clear choice if i were u

11. montsa007

montsa007 ~Bulletproof Monk~

6630 it rockssssssssssssss

12. panacea_amc

panacea_amc CBZ is better than Pulsar

I have se w550.My heart is paining coz it doesnt support edge.Whereas nokia does.
    If u rate beauty more than brains, then go 4 se,else go 4 nokia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.