SE W550 VS 6630

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
i was trapped for choice between these two phones only.

see 6630 is not one of the most beautiful phone around, which W550i is,

u can get many applications for 6630 but its not the same for W550i

6630 has expandable memory, but W550i doesnt!

but still the main reason why i went for the W550i was becos of the music, man it has got 3 speakers in all, MP3 files play frm 2 speakers, and the headsets are very cool, u can also connect the phone to ur stereo or Hi-Fi. evn when u play music in full volume, its like u r listening to a decent enough system.

so u decide on Applications or music, u have to use it, so u have to choose it

OP
B

BLITZ~KRIEG!

Broken In
w550

applications...nokia obviously has a larger database...but arent the games of se far better than nokia? and can EDGE be used for broadband surfing?

cryptid

Journeyman
dude take my advice and go for a Nokia 6630,, i used both 6630 and w550,, 6630 is far better than w550 in almost all ways,,
first off u cant zoom in w550 when u want to take pics u can only zoom in video mode,,, where as 6630 u have smooth 6x digital zoom in both pic mode and video mode,,, 6630 can take 1 hr long vids,,, and it has expandiple memory,,,let me list out a few things i use my 6630 for

*A webcam(mobilo cam)
*Movie player(Smart movie,, can watch full lenght movies if u have a 256mb card u can have upto 2 full movies on it)
*Can control my whole PC with in bluetooth range(its like having a small keyboard and mouse with u i can change songs in my winamp playlist and dont have to keep running to my keyboard to fast forward aor rewind movies i can sit on my bed and do every thing,, its the coolest software ){Control freak2}
*Browse the net(with EDGE i get speeds around 160kbps download and 115kbps upload)
*Music Player(can play almost all kinds of file i.e .wma .mp3 .mp4 .m4a .rm .ogg .aac){wmaplus! player}

and much much more stuff can be done,, infinte possiblities

the only cons i can think of is that it dosent have a flash for it camera but its night mode does a pretty good job and the default ear phones are not that great try and get a 6680/81 ear phones they have better sound quality and the loaud speaker may not be as good as a w550 i.e if want to listen to ur mp3 but does a pretty decent job

if ur worried about where to get the softwares do a quick google search or just PM me and i will let u know ;-P

aadipa

Padawan
first off u cant zoom in w550 when u want to take pics u can only zoom in video mode
You can zoom if you take pics at lower resolution.

Can control my whole PC with in bluetooth range(its like having a small keyboard and mouse with u i can change songs in my winamp playlist and dont have to keep running to my keyboard to fast forward aor rewind movies i can sit on my bed and do every thing,, its the coolest software ){Control freak2}

Ever checked Floats Mobile Agent (FMA) ? It can do much more than that with SE phones and that too right from SE T610 to latest W900i

As a phone, I find N6630 much better than W550, but as music player (walkman), W550 beats N6630 by far.

cryptid

Journeyman
@aadipa
Whats the use of having a high resolution camera when ur not able to make complete use of it
&
i checked out FMA its no where close to what Control Freak does,, just check control freak out and u will understnd,, i have nothing against SE phones but when when u compare 6630 and w550, i think 6630 is the better of two phones,,,
i agree that w550 is a better music player than 6630,, well thats was main freature of that phone and if w550 didnt do a good job as a mp3 playr then it would a shame on SE & not that 6630 doesnt have a good mp3 player the sound output is as good as my ipod

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
I have se w550.My heart is paining coz it doesnt support edge.Whereas nokia does.
If u rate beauty more than brains, then go 4 se,else go 4 nokia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom