SE K700i vs NOKIA 6600

NOKIA 6600 or SE K700i or N 7610

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
I have bought se k700i last week and i am more than happy buying it.However a friend of mine is jealous of se and is die hard fan of nokia.He says 6600 is bettter than k700i.What u all think? :roll:

Jatin_T

Journeyman
If he fails to see the light...let him be...

Take a picture of him wen his cell gets a virus...wiht ur good K700i camera!

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Jatin_T ..
ya dude right

but virus gets on the symbian only when you install it
they cant work themselfs .. n symbian virus are not that advnced like windows virus

i agree 6600 is not a worth buying in 2006

Biplav

In the zone
well i do like k700i but then there are some limitations against 6600:
u cant upgrade frm 41mb of memory.
so u basically at max can save only a few songs or even fewer videos.
nokia 6600 having a more popular appeal ;its easier to get softwares for it on the net than for se k700i.
further there are softwares that enhance the 640x480 resolution of the phone to 1280x768(and i am not talking of magnification;i am talkin of enhancement only)
So basically, it's not that bad own a nokia 6600
some people may like the appeal of Sony Ericsson k 700 I, some might not. The same goes for Nokia. the Sony Ericsson K. 700 I is a good buy, but as time progresses, you'll realise that 41 Mb is a real hindrance on such a good phone.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
agree on memory for k700...its nbot enuf....but dun worry abt n6600...it stucks up speeds wit a 256 mb card....u may loose temper sometimes....n others s/w for it includes virus, hanging, corrupt files etc....so itsa a big fat load on u...i wud rather go for 7610 but 6600, never....be happy wit wat u have....

cheers

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Biplav said:
further there are softwares that enhance the 640x480 resolution of the phone to 1280x768(and i am not talking of magnification;i am talkin of enhancement only)

Well if you dont know than K700i has an inbuilt option for taking pics at 1280*800 res. called as the extended mode
further there is a panaroma mode inbuilt

*img30.imageshack.us/img30/3830/ms3fe16fwfb3nk4w9wak3cn.jpg

an example of a pic taken in the panaroma mode
image courtest esato.com

and well just recently got a k700i i too had the option of buying a 6600
so did a bit of research
boiled down to k700i
for some reasons like
Stereo Mp3,radio playback
the size of the phone which atleast matters for me
another reason being iam seeing the 6600 in every freaking hand
possible
and a personal reason that i have been a SE fan
which i dont feel should be included in a healthy debate

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Biplav .. thats right with K700i .. that problem of limited memory has always been there, 41 MB proves to be very less when you .. go on using the phone
then you realise that .. the memory left is too low ..
when you load some other video or ringtone.. you have delete the files to make the space for the new files.

This is k700i's one disadvantage that it doesnt have expandable memory.

Biplav

In the zone
nope techno; didnt knw that!
and well yes its good mch better sound output and all but honestly speaking how many videos and audios can u save with 41 mb?converting all songs to 16kbps also wont buy u much space.
but then i dont wanna start a debate here;k700i is a good phone i dont disagree to that but the size factor u might not c that well wen u purchase;it will hit u later on.

Jatin_T

Journeyman
mobilegeek..i was just being cheeky...and the 6600 does hang a lot ..especially after installing all those software..so i just sit there and laugh wen one of my frnd's phone hangs...
Abt the 41 Mb memory...thts one thing tht SE have done purposely i guess...who wud go for other phones if the K700i had expandable memory...
even with 41 mb..i have 10 songs..some compressed..the silly ones..and the nice ones uncompressed...and i have a bluetooth dongle..every weekend..i backup my sms..and change songs..moreover.i prefer FM over the mp3 player...so the 41 MB is no worries at all...
And after all..its a matter of choice..i havebeen an SE user for 2 yrs not..my first phone was the T610...so i had to go for K700i..altho the 6600 was enticing..considering the memory card sharing tht goes on in colleges!

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
1st of all .. for sometime now..I feel the 6600 is very old now,
See .. both the phones were lauched way back
K700i Vs 6600 .. is a long battle that is goin on
K700i .. doent have expandable memory & symbian
on the other hand 6600 has symbian & memory card
but it doesnt have FM & its slow

So, .. I think you should rather buy 3230 .. it will be give you both the features.
Since k700i & 6600 are almost two years old & very common

amol48

Searching...
Biplav said:

Can you please provide me the link to those softwares .... THX

loo_31

Broken In
K700i is best as compared to N6600. Only one thing i hate about K700i is that it doesn't have expandable memory. But yes, leaving this feature K700i is best.

I also have bought K700i a weak before, I want to ask onething that does it play real media file. I haven't tried yet.

And one more thing does data cable comes with K700i?

Plz tell.......

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
i dun think so but i recon u get one...its coming cheap these days (usb)...u can backup ur recorded videos n large size images to ur pc for having space...thats d only way u can counter d lack of expansion slot in dat fone...

mobilegeek:
So, .. I think you should rather buy 3230 .. it will be give you both the features.
Since k700i & 6600 are almost two years old & very common

well im a se fan aswell n i never found reason to buy nokia though i really liked nokia but it never supported my budget n requirement....if u thinking for 3230...then there tons others from se to beat 3230 including k750i....no compairisn wit that...ps:- also has expansion :D

if im not mistaken K750i or W800i has been awarded mobile of d yr 2005....google it...correct me if im wrong :?

cheers

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
6600 :shock: No data cable support and no FM, only 10 seconds video recoding and more price than k700i.

But it WAS a very good phone. NOKIA lovers may go for 3230 or 6630. BOTH ARE GREAT. 8)

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
Hey guys i am not trying t start a battle by beginning this poll nor do i say k700i is best fone of all times.I just want to throw light on se phones and want people to know that there r other gr8 phones other brands than nokia. 8)

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
i offend 6600 but here i accompany it because of xpandable memory and series 60
yes its tooooooooooooooooo
tooooooooooo
tooooooooo much common but cant help it somethin is better than nothin
neways it was my view

diffrent ppl=diffrent view
so cheer$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom