Screen has shrunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvijay86

Broken In
the screen size in my monitor has shrunk. those buttons on the monitor which are used to increase and decrease the size are not working. i've even reinstalled the drivers but there's no improvement. i use windows 98. i have a pentium III 450hz processor.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
What Exactly are u Talking about The Screen Size as In the Resoultion or The Actual Screen Size adjusted by The Buttons on The Monitor?????

Anyways If it has Been messed up By After Playing some games or something else Then Right click on a empty desktop and click on Properties and then click on the settings Tab And then Increase ur Screen Resolution to 640x480 or to 800x600..... :)

Or If ur Monitor Buttons arent Working Then There's a Problem With ur Monitors Button's And for This The Dealer has to be contacted for and get it serviced...... 8)

And Yea By The Way Welcome to The forum Mate 8)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Increase the refresh rate of the monitor from Default to optimal or the 75k above.
If you can't get that your monitor is physically damaged. Try Degaussing and check if there is any change.
Remove all the magnetic speakers near the Monitor.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
WRT this topic I wud like to add,
Monitor -> LG Studioworks
AGP Card-> GeForce 4 MX 440
------
At 1024 X 768 RES , Refresh rate is 60 :x
At 800 X 600 RES , Refresh Rare is 72 :x
Damn And I don't want to try 640 X 480 .
LG Studioworks is a pretty good monitor then why this so? Driver Problem ?

Deep

Version 2.0
if it is completly shrunk then and those buttons does not help much then it could be hardware problem...

I had faced this problem in one of the machines in the office....the display size was almost half of the monitor size i.e. around 7"

Show it to hardware guy he will do it in a day or so..

Deep

iinfi

mekalodu
u v to buy a new monitor

no use dear...

i m sorry to say that u will have to buy a new monitor

u wud b really lucky if some one can do something with the monitor n mend it for u

but finding such a person is very difficult since it is a difficult task ..

hardware vendors will just take ur monitor n try something but very rarely will b able to do something .... its just waste of money giving it for repair

if ur monitor is still in the warranty period u will get a replacement from the company but other wise just try n sell it .....

n buy a new one

iinfi

mekalodu
no way

i bet that u r gonna run around for a while n get frustrated bcoz the hardware guy wont b able to fix it ..... (u r damn lucky if he does)

and finally buy a new one ...

well dear i m not a cruel person

i m experienced person in all this stuff

Deep

Version 2.0
well i too have faced this problem in one of the monitor in my office...and got it fixed from hardware guy...

anyways lets wait for him to reply..

cheers
Deep

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Re: no way

iinfi said:
i bet that u r gonna run around for a while n get frustrated bcoz the hardware guy wont b able to fix it ..... (u r damn lucky if he does)
That's bad advice to someone who faces a hardware problem. It could simply be a contact problem, all it needs is a check by a hardware engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom