Screen goes poof!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhas M

Broken In
Sometimes After i quit games like ICYTOWER or VIRTUAL VILLAGERS then my computer screen goes blank. Only the cursor is visible. i cannot access the sytem and am forced to start a reboot. Can anyone help?????

sree_shan

Broken In
hi.....suhas ...

i hope the problem u mentioned mite b due to some processes related to game are running in the background ... even if u had exited game .....
if u can access the task manager (ctrl+alt+del).... check 4 the processes .......

and also try this once .....
instead of ending the game .... minimize the game and try to end the game by ending the corresponding process from the task manager .....
now check whether u can access the system or not ....
and do post whether the problem is still existing or not (by ending the process also ) ....

:) :) :)

gaurav21r

Journeyman
Sounds like low RAM... Exit all processes b4 playing the game..including Anti-Virus. Dont try to minimimize WHILE playing the game...it'll only make things slower...

Does it happen after only certain Real graphic intensive games or all 3D games in general?

OP
S

Suhas M

Broken In
This is my config:
3.0ghz p4 processor
1gb ram
nvedia geforce 6200 turbocache
gigabyte motherboard

Last edited:

sree_shan

Broken In
@sushma
i dont think 1 GB ram is insufficient :)
as u said that u can goto task manager and end the process ... now is the problem exists still ?????
(i mean going becoming the computer screen blank)

OP
S

Suhas M

Broken In
Now something weird is happening...Every time i launch a game the screen
becomes blank for around 1 sec and then it returns to the desktop this happens twice or thirice..any ideas..

sree_shan

Broken In
try to reinstall the game again....
this problem will generally associate if some of the installed files are correpted.
and if u r running any messengers then exit those b4 launching game.
sometimes the disturbances due to messengers will also leads problems

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
Do following

Reinstall the game
increase ur virtual memory size

IGB is enough RAM but sometimes background processes cause some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom