Scheduling time to start and end process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
Is there a way to set a start and end time for a schedule. I require it for using it during the DATAONE, free hours [ 2:05AM - 7:55AM ].

I can leave the comp on but it should start and end at the above mentioned time, is it possible? If yes, how do I proceed?

Also, is there an option in Win98 SE where the comp switches off automatically instead of manually pressing the button to save power after the schedule is complete.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Some download managers like ... well, flashget, or getright (dunno bout DAP) ..support schedule connect and dissconect and shutdown after complete features...

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
QwertyManiac said:
Some download managers like ... well, flashget, or getright (dunno bout DAP) ..support schedule connect and dissconect and shutdown after complete features...

Rflol, this is for P2P d/l and u/l not what u think.

Pls somebdy gimme a advice.....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Oh yeah ?
Then u shud ave mentioned it earlier m8, lolz u didnt !
U dont give info and lolz on others ?

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Use a scheduler like Aye Shutdown it can end any task or program and shut internet or power off pc at any given time. it is shareware.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hey man use IDM.. internetdownloadmanager.com. It allows to set time to start download and time t o stop download... I use that..
It also has the option to shutdown the comp after all downloads in the scheduler are completed

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
instead of using a software, u can do this:
Open Notepad--> type this: shutdown -r t 00 --> and save it as restart.bat --> Now open scheduler and give the path to this file and set the time wenever u want to start this operation.

Well the thing is u will have to keep ur computer switched on for this to happen.

You can give any name to the file and 00 is the time u want yo show warning for that the computer is shutting down. Then with a time gap of say 5 minutes, start the download managers/bit-torrent clients that u download with and u r done.

If u have 2 or more user accounts, u can use MS tweakUI to force a particular user to log on. The u can disable the automatic user log on again in the morning. Hope this helps you.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
shwetanshu said:
instead of using a software, u can do this:
Open Notepad--> type this: shutdown -r t 00 --> and save it as restart.bat --> Now open scheduler and give the path to this file and set the time wenever u want to start this operation.

Well the thing is u will have to keep ur computer switched on for this to happen.

You can give any name to the file and 00 is the time u want yo show warning for that the computer is shutting down. Then with a time gap of say 5 minutes, start the download managers/bit-torrent clients that u download with and u r done.

If u have 2 or more user accounts, u can use MS tweakUI to force a particular user to log on. The u can disable the automatic user log on again in the morning. Hope this helps you.

Sorry, I couldnt follow u. I want to set the time for 2:10 am[start] and 7:50 am[stop]. It should shut down precisely at 7:50am as that completes the free usage for each day. What should I do?

Also comp has to shut down automatically at 7:50 am.

used for Kazaa d/l's and u/l's.

OR

Can u set a file and send me so I can add it here?

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
navjotjsingh said:
Use a scheduler like Aye Shutdown it can end any task or program and shut internet or power off pc at any given time. it is shareware.

There r 3 softies in ur link, which 1 is it?

selva1966

Journeyman
I am using flashget 1.71. I have tried scheduling. But did't work. No details available in their werbsite. I tried google also but did't find any link.

I did not require shutdown, I will be awake by then :D

Can anybody help me.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
achacko@dataone.in said:
navjotjsingh said:

There r 3 softies in ur link, which 1 is it?

Aye Parental Control and Aye Shutdown both can do your job. You can chhose anyone of them acc. to your needs.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Gee,Ok, I'll try that . But the software is a Trial ware, any freewares to source it from?

But I require some more advice on it.

Someone else pls throw some light on it.

aadipa

Padawan
SwitchOff is stutting down my PC for ages.

Try it...

*yasoft.km.ru/eng/switchoff/

Overview
Switch Off is a tiny easy-to-use tray-based system utility that can automatically perform various frequently used operations like shutdown or restart your computer, disconnect your current dialup connection, lock workstation, etc. It also provides fast access to this operations through system tray icon. Utility has fully customizeable Web interface, that allows you to initiate operations mentioned above remotely from any computer with web browser installed. Web interface includes WAP support, so you can control your computer from mobile phone. This utility is intended to be used by either novice or professional user, because of its intuitive interface and professional features.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Aadipa, this is nice. Its a freeware and also small in size. I was looking for softwares as these.

<< Cheers >>

cyrux

In the zone
You can use nncron to connect to the internet shedule you r downloads disconnect from the internet and then shut down ur pc . ALl in one.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
You can use tips from this page: *hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/2879

or use Shutdown Monster (Freeware) from *www.softpedia.com/get/System/Launchers-Shutdown-Tools/Shutdown-Monster.shtml

Also more freeware softwares like these at

*www.softpedia.com/catList/117,1,1,1.html

*www.softpedia.com/progSearch/Shutdown Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom