Scheduling downlaods on lime wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

VD17

Journeyman
I dont suppose you can. When LW it starts, it automatically resumes ALL the downloads in queue. Well, if you want that to happen, you can close LW and use Task Schedular to run it at the required time. So when it does get launched at the sheduled time, all the files pending will be downloaded. For Scheduling a taskL Start>Control Panel>Scheduled Task>(right click)New>Scheduled Task

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
as vd17 said LW auto starts the download on startup. The best and only was is to schedule them through scheduled tasks :)

ashfame

Padawan
Ya same problem here, i use bearshare.

Query:
I was downloading 700 mb files on it, light goes off, my ups dead & now the incompleted downloads are removed from the list.
I had downloaded about 350MB, which disappeared from the list but remains in the temp folder, after choosing to download it again, it starts from the beginning.
This is crap...
Can anyone help.

Limewire is a bit too heavy than bearshare (it is light on resources).
Is there any other soft. working on the same network.

VD17

Journeyman
but will have to click on connect to start downloading ..at 2 am wont bepossible

No you dont... I mean i dont have to do that.. as soon as i launch it, it starts downloading.. and it connects by itself (if you've left the default setting from the options). Otherwise, go to TOOLS->OPTIONS->CONNECTION and check the CONNECT ON STARTUP option. (Startup here means application startup, not windows startup).
And you can set you computer to boot up at the required time by making the necessary settings to your BIOS. You can then schedule LW for 2-3 minutes after the BIOS power up setting (keeping 2-3minutes in hand for the system to startup properly; depending on the config) or you can just add LW to the startup also. Everything through TaskScheduler.

VD17

Journeyman
ashfame said:
I was downloading 700 mb files on it, light goes off, my ups dead & now the incompleted downloads are removed from the list.
I had downloaded about 350MB, which disappeared from the list but remains in the temp folder, after choosing to download it again, it starts from the beginning.
This is crap...
Can anyone help.

Damn... sorry dude.. i dont think there is a solution to it.. atleast not in my knowledge.

Limewire is a bit too heavy than bearshare (it is light on resources).
Is there any other soft. working on the same network.

try SoulSeek Thats somewhat light. its a different network.. but its light and does the work efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom