Scheduled login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivek788

In the zone
I use RTC from bios to boot to my ubuntu so as to download(done in cron) from 2-8 everyday.In between there is this login.How can i schedule a login.I don't want to remove login,as the last time I did it,one of my cousins accessed my system while I was asleep and as it was linux,messed up my files and configurations. :x

I just want to schedule login as we do for other applications in cron.Any ideas?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If it's not a X11 application, you can write init script for it, something like what we did for rtorrent.
I doubt what you're asking is possible cos we have to edit a particular parameter in GDM/KDM config to allow autologin.

OP
Vivek788

Vivek788

In the zone
Autologin is what I want to control...as in any thing i can set/reset with a script that allows me to toggle autologin.
It seems to me as if u r saying ,i need to edit some configuration file to access autologin features,am I right?
In that case,can't I write a script(in maybe perl) by which I can replace the autologin switch(assuming such a thing exists) just before I put downloads and do it again after i am finished to disable autologin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom