scanner and OCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
I would like to buy a scanner. It should be used for the capacity of the paper size (with matters or pictures) beyond somewhat A4 size. Can you recommend me a good scanner. Moreover, we should have any OCR to scan the pictures or printed matter with a view to edit them or for any other purpose. If so, what is the completely Freeware OCR available?

prasad_den

Padawan
kumarn_2004 said:
I would like to buy a scanner. It should be used for the capacity of the paper size (with matters or pictures) beyond somewhat A4 size. Can you recommend me a good scanner. Moreover, we should have any OCR to scan the pictures or printed matter with a view to edit them or for any other purpose. If so, what is the completely Freeware OCR available?
Get a Canon scanner... It comes with bundled software that includes OCR.. I have the Canon 3000ex, with max 8.5" x 11.7" size scanning..

nil_3

In the zone
No freeware OCR software is up to the mark(lots of errors in spelling, formatting etc; a waste of time). The best OCR software is Abby FineReader Professional, though not a freeware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom