SC grants interim bail to Sanjay Dutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
The Supreme Court on Monday granted interim bail to actor Sanjay Dutt, who has been sentenced to six years of rigorous imprisonment by a TADA Court under the Arms Act.

Source : TimesOfIndia

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
The bail was justified. You simply cannot arrest a person without giving him a copy of the judgment.

Although i do not believe it would be a long time out for Sanjay Dutt, they will soon procure the copy of the judgment and he will be back behind bars.

nix

i think they will get him out of jail. his sister has spoken to sonia gandhi...

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I do not believe Sonia will be able to change anything over here. He had accepted his mistake and recieved valid punishment for a crime.

With the government already in so much mess, i do not believe it would try to do something against the judiciary system and spoil its image more.

Morever, you never know if the UPA would be in power much long now.

mustang

Broken In
This is India my friend,every thing is possible there,he is an celebrity how can he stay in the jail,if in the place of Sanjay Dutt, A normal person does that,the law gives him the death,but A right of living after doing crime is only for highly profiled persons,that is the politics of Indian democracy or government.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
alsiladka said:
He had accepted his mistake and recieved valid punishment for a crime.

He never accepted his mistake, all the evidence collected during investigation including his own statement accepting the crime/ mistake were later denied by his lawyers in court else it wouldn't have taken the TADA court to so long to deliver verdict.

Yes he did say he committed a mistake on the floor of court when the final sentence was announced but then in law terms mistake can be made have 100 interpretations. So hang on there's more tamasha coming soon ....

mustang said:
This is India my friend,every thing is possible there,he is an celebrity how can he stay in the jail,if in the place of Sanjay Dutt, A normal person does that,the law gives him the death,but A right of living after doing crime is only for highly profiled persons,that is the politics of Indian democracy or government.
Totally Agree...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom