SB Live 5.1 VS. Audigy® 2 ZS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamthakkar

Broken In
I am planning to buy Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 Speakers.

I am planning to buy Intel D865GBFL MOBO. Should I go for separate sound card or not? I love enjoying music and watching DVD movies with home theatre effect.

If at all a separate sound card, which one?

Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 soundcard

OR

Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS

Warranty & Prices in the Mumbai region of the above cards would be helpful.

Thanks,
Shyam

theraven

Technomancer
audigy 2 > live 5.1
its more superior
audigy 2 supports 6.1/7.1 as well ... live 5.1 supports only 5.1
if u wanna upgrade to 6.1/7.1 in the future go for audigy 2
if u gonna stick with 5.1 then instead of live 5.1 get audigy !!! far more superior quality

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
5450/- for the audigy2 while the SB live 5.1 sells @ arnd 1.8k. Get the Audigy2 if u have the speakers to match them. ;)

and dude dont spam ! Post u queries @ one place !

[flAsh]

In the zone
inspire 5200 wont match up with Audigy 2 ZS. if u get audigy 2 ZS platinum go 4 creative megaworks 550.

OP
S

shyamthakkar

Broken In
i thought audigy 1 is not available anymore hence i was going for live 5.1

btw, wht is its price?

and plz post a reply and give suggestion to my "final configuration - need help" thread in this forum

:)

rohanbee

Padawan
I have 6 channel sound on my intel 915gav mobo. Can someone who has the same config tell me how much is it actually worth for me to upgrade to a sound audigy card??
thanks

suave_guy

pedal to metal
Go for audigy soundcard and Altec Lansing 5100 5.1 speakers, the speakers which i've mentioned here are far better in terms of audio quality and they are also very good looking then creative inspire series of speakers..although they are more expensive maybe arnd. Rs.8000.

Alteast, u can do that to enjoy good quality audio and also increase the aesthetic appeal of ur room. Better if girls visit ur room often ;)

Enjoy :)

rohanbee

Padawan
suave_guy said:
Go for audigy soundcard and Altec Lansing 5100 5.1 speakers, the speakers which i've mentioned here are far better in terms of audio quality and they are also very good looking then creative inspire series of speakers..although they are more expensive maybe arnd. Rs.8000.

Alteast, u can do that to enjoy good quality audio and also increase the aesthetic appeal of ur room. Better if girls visit ur room often ;)

Enjoy :)

hehhehe good one...............was thinking the same thing.......

Anyways i have already ordered the Altec lansing 2.1 channel MX5021....a friend has them in the states and rates them higher.

Unfortunately they are over the Rs.10,000/- price bracket over here. But im particular about the quality of my music sound...........

+ i already have a full fledged 5.1 home theater system..........don't want one on my comp as i never like seeing movies on it anyways...

[flAsh]

In the zone
i must tell u one thing that SB live!! DE is the best 5.1 budget card and beats even Hercules 24bit soundcard. what the hell do u require. The gainward and Hercules 7.1 Ch card cost coll 3000 only. Gainward also supports 24bit/96Khz Hd audio by Via Vinyl audio codec.
But i m in firm favour of Sb Live. audigy too costs on a higher side Rs 7~8K.
choice is urs man!!!
Inspire 5200 is not that good. why don't u go 4 Inspire 5700 or Logitech Soundman 5.1 or Artis X10/5.1???

OP
S

shyamthakkar

Broken In
hi suave_guy,

i saw the websites for Altec and i was floored by their speakers, ur right, they look way better than the creative ones. u have already mentioned the price for AL5100.

how are Altec Lansing 251 OR Logitech® Z-640?

any idea abt their price?

indro

In the zone
Why complare an Inbuilt solution with an external one , that too audigy 2 ZS , the cost of the card is same as the MB itself .If you get a VIA 24HT envy external solution ..it will sound better than the intel 915 on board solution, anways that onboard is supposed to be 32bit processing and AUdigy 7.1 is 24bit , go figure which one is better :)

theraven

Technomancer
onboard 32 bit processing ??
who told u ?
even asus 915 mobos dun ahve 32 bit
24 bit is tops
and u have to listen to both to find the diff between which is better

[deXter]

Journeyman
True.. But Intel is expected to release their '32' bit High Definition Onboard Audio soon..

It was a pure coincidence I was reading this article at the same time:

"The Future of PC-Audio:"
*www.thenoisereport.com/content-17-page1.html

And btw, just did a quick search on BaaZee.com for Altec Lansing- some pretty good deals out there!

*img69.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom