say ur commands

Dose linux come as like windows user friendly it will boost linux usage do u agree with these?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

e-freak

Broken In
LOL @ command!

Anyways, I think Linux is already as user friendly as it can be. What more can you expect when we have something like SuSE and Knoppix? As far as games are concerned, I think it is not the problem with Linux. More brands like IDSoft should come forward with games for Linux.

And anyways, some people who keep saying that Linux is not user-friendly just dont want to try it out and dont even deserve it!

OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
Problem is only install software.For example some software consits of RPM package.It is easy as like
setup found in windows.But some another consit of
tz format it is diffcult to install(New users)so it must satisfy all people.

e-freak

Broken In
Most RPMs are available on the internet.

And, in windoze, u have to either buy the software or just download the software and crack it! And sometimes, even racking can take hours, but it does happen eventually! :p

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Aila ... e-freak .. there is something called Freeware in Windows world too ... And lol by your comment "cracking can take hours" I get it you have tried it too :D ...
Anyways .. The topic here is the accebility of Linux commands ... @ the author, Linux is derived from Unix .. and those command line switches are legacy from Unix .. Most of the time, these commands are better at handling automated tasks such as installation, logon scripts .. et all .. Which arent such easy to do in GUI based interface .. Thats why you'll notice that there are *many* command line options for Sys admins in new Windows installer ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom