Save ME Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
Okay friends, I tried many possible ways to get my Windows XP boot, which was not booting, I found that the HAL.dll file is corrupted so I now need a copy of this file to replace the same. What I want from you guys is , Who ever is running there computer with Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed please go to your windows drive (where windows is installed, generally its the C: drive) and then navigate to the Windows folder on this drive and then go to the system32 folder , now in this folder navigate to the file HAL.dll , copy this file to a temporary folder (say to your my documents folder) . Connect your computer to the internet and e-mail me the copy of this HAL.dll file in this e-mail id : jalandeepak@rediffmail.com I shall be very greatful to you. Mark the subject line as Windows XP .

But be sure you have Windows XP Home Edition With Service Pack 2 installed. For Example go to your C:\Windows\system32\HAL.dll

Also note the file version of this HAL.dll file it should be 5.1.2600.2180

I would be very greatful to the guy who sends it to me.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
I don't think sharing of windows files like this is legal, and BTW, Y dont u just reinstall it to get the file back? If it refuses to install, install it as new installation and get the file by urself.... quite easy isn't it?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm...

I have a better solution ...
Bootup from your WinXP Cd .. and choose Repair from the setup menu ..

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Try to understand me guys, I am only asking for this file because I installed Service Pack 2 separetely and not with the installtion of Windows, and hence repairing from the installation CD will not work in this case. Hence I require this file from a PC running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed., Please help ME. I am not discussing about Piracy here, and I don't think sharing a small file just to help some one in need and btw. I am having a legal version of Windows XP Home Edition and have Service Pack 2 installed on it. ( You must know that no Service Packs will install on a Pirated version of Windows XP ). I am only asking for a favour, if any of u guy can. Btw. I donot know any one in my city who is running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2, please try to understand my situation guys.!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I Think Tech&ME is right . Ofcourse trading file in this case couldn't amount to piracy . Its just a file not complete os or forget not even 1millionth part of Operating system.
Moreever Repair option definatly wouldn't work in his case .

Anyway download the file from any of the links available
*www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?hal
*www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files.php/dllfiles/H/HAL.DLL/download.html

Other thing you can also try this :
Boot from your CD and follow the direction to start Recvery Console. Then:

Attrib -H -R -S C:\Boot.ini
DEL C:\Boot.ini
BootCfg /Rebuild
Fixboot

Tell if this helps

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
@ freshseasons
the HAL.dll file on dll-files.com may not work.
its version is 5.00.2168.1
the version of hal.dll in sp2 on my system is 5.1.2600.2180

H

h4ck3r

so..this is it ...

@ freshseasons : it doesnt amount to piracy..yo right there..and the hal.dll file is one of the basic filez necessary for xp to boot..i think there r approx 5 files which are very important for xp to boot.. in case of win9x three files for 95/98 .

@sreevirus: glad to know tht another member has the same ideas as mine..u really raced me on tht point (version difference)..

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Thank you guys it seems it works, I mean xp is now loading!! But unfortunately few things have been messed up inside? Like the system restore does not work any more?? them the msiexec.exe starts with the Internet Explorer automatically every time I try to open a new window. And also Microsoft Plus! has been messed up few things are working in it and few aren't. I don't know now all this has happened! I think I made a silly mistake and learnt a big lessons. My Advice - Do not install Linux or an earlier version on windows with the already installed Windows XP. If you do so, It will take you for a ride, like it did to me for the last one week. Happily though - I am posting this thread from Windows XP Home Edition which I just recovered. And many thanks to "freshseasons" and "h4ck3r" for supporting in my motion.

H

h4ck3r

No need to thank me

Iam helping you just because i knew something abt tht....so it implies to all tht those who are well versed in a particular subject should be ready to help another in need.... 8)

swatkat

Technomancer
Tech&ME said:
Thank you guys it seems it works, I mean xp is now loading!! But unfortunately few things have been messed up inside? Like the system restore does not work any more?? them the msiexec.exe starts with the Internet Explorer automatically every time I try to open a new window. And also Microsoft Plus! has been messed up few things are working in it and few aren't. I don't know now all this has happened! I think I made a silly mistake and learnt a big lessons. My Advice - Do not install Linux or an earlier version on windows with the already installed Windows XP. If you do so, It will take you for a ride, like it did to me for the last one week. Happily though - I am posting this thread from Windows XP Home Edition which I just recovered. And many thanks to "freshseasons" and "h4ck3r" for supporting in my motion.

Installing Linux after installing XP is not a problem.Sometimes it messes up with the MBR (which can be repaired) and in other cases u get this HAL.dll corrupt/missing error while booting.Actually the file HAL.dll may not be the culprit here,this error can also occur due to a wrong entry in boot.ini file.This error will occur partition numbers for the XP partition gets changed.You can edit the file by booting from a bootable diskette.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Well Mr. swatkat , I am not a fool, I tried to repair the MBR and the boot.ini, it didn't work out that way, and after replacing the HAL.dll file I was able to boot correctly in Win XP! The HAL.dll file was indeed modified since the size was increased in the modified version then it should be. Read my previous threads in this topic carefully before replying. Moreover this thread should by now be deleted by the mods, since the problem was solved. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom