Save me! I m lossing my hairs. ~~no open/can`t open~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Hi pals
U solved my sound prob. Now i hv got a new one. I hv got two drives( CD-R & DVD-RW) when i insert an autoplatable disc, then the DVD drive autoplays it. But when i rt click on the DVD drive`s icon then i find no "open" command. As a result of this i cannot browse the disc. this prob developed recently. this prob is only with the DVD drive and my CD drive works normal.:(

:mad: :mad: PLZ HELP ME BEFORE I GO BLAD...:x :x

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Temporarily, you can type in the drive's letters into explorer and access it. Like D:/ .. Wait for a permanent solution from some other member here as am not aware of one.

iluvmusic

Broken In
CA50 said:
Hi pals
U solved my sound prob. Now i hv got a new one. I hv got two drives( CD-R & DVD-RW) when i insert an autoplatable disc, then the DVD drive autoplays it. But when i rt click on the DVD drive`s icon then i find no "open" command. As a result of this i cannot browse the disc. this prob developed recently. this prob is only with the DVD drive and my CD drive works normal.:(

:mad: :mad: PLZ HELP ME BEFORE I GO BLAD...:x :x

ANother simple solution -
Just left click on folders tab in the standar buttons toolbar (the one with back and up buttons.) It will give u an explorer like window on d left just click on d drive once nd it will open up in d right window .

OR U can also simply right click on my computer nd select EXPLORE rather dan OPEN . Same kind of window will show up .

Hav Fun. No more loosing hair.

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
ax3 said:
4 hair looss switch 2 VATIKA ........ permanent solution ........ TAAKLA in few days ....... save ur money = barber cost + comb + etc .....

1 problem solved ........

next 1 ..........

update ur firmware .........

same thing happened 2 me & problem solved ..... oohh in both cases ....

thanks 4 ur solution. But i updated my firmware recently and there this drive works fine in the other XP ( I hv got 2 win XP). This prob is seen only after installing XP. I think my drive is fine, something wrong with XP

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
well try removing the dvd writer from the device manager then restart the sytem, n wait till the hardware is installed..
then check whether its working or not..

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
fine...u won the challenge

Enjoy~!

alrite jokes apart....wat else listing do u get on rite click....like open with, sharing, copy etc....r they normal?

Enjoy~!

Last edited:

philcom

Bedroom DJ :)
Dear CA50,
Would you please check out the following ?
Download "WinXp Manager" and install it. Here you can easily find an option "Click to fix the problem with CD drive" and also check "auto-detect drives during start-up" option. Then reboot .
I do hope that your problem might be solved.
Waiting eagerly for your feedback...
regards.

OP
CA50

CA50

Cyborg Agent
philcom said:
Dear CA50,
Would you please check out the following ?
Download "WinXp Manager" and install it. Here you can easily find an option "Click to fix the problem with CD drive" and also check "auto-detect drives during start-up" option. Then reboot .
I do hope that your problem might be solved.
Waiting eagerly for your feedback...
regards.

Thanks pal, plz give the link

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I have never heard about such a problem. My temp. soln. wud be:

Open the command line, type drive letter on the prompt. When u get <drive letter>:\ on the CMD, then type explorer. This shud open win explorer with the DVD drive.

;)

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well google it....not a big task i guess...newez if u dun wan 2...

*www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/System_Maintenance_and_Repair_Utilities/WinXP_Manager.html

Enjoy~!

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
I think your filetype associations for DVD drive are corrupted. It might be solved by using Registry or
you have to do something in Folder Options>Filetypes.
I will check when I am on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom