Save me from Sify ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Got new Sify Connection, when installing the dialer SifyBroadband_3.22 it tells me that I don't have a licensed Anti-Virus on my computer (I have Symantec Corporate Edition) and I should Install the one Sify has on Offer (Trendmicro). It refuses to co-exist with Norton so I had to uninstall Norton and install Trendmicro. Now when I go to office and connect to my Corporate Network it refuses to accept Trendmicro and wants to install Norton Back. So I'm having to uninstall and reinstall my Anti-Virus all the time :x

I really don't want Trendmicro so is there a way to continue using Sify without installing Trendmicro ?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
u dont need to install their av .... i am using antivir and sify dialer ...

OP
AshishSharma

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
It refuses to accept my Anti-Virus says it's some unlicensed evaluation version and quits the installation in middle.

OP
AshishSharma

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Ohhh great .... that'll be the first on my things to do for tomorrow.. thanks man the Sify guy who came for installation had no idea abt it ... hope the CC guys aren't as blank as him.

satyamy

Alive Again...
Strange Stragne
I was waiting for a long time that sify's dialer says that my PC dosent have anitvirus & i can install their free antivirus, but did'nt got any message
From where did u installed that Sify's Dialer
Pls give me the link
also pls give me the link of download their Trend Antivirus

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
satyamy said:
Strange Stragne
I was waiting for a long time that sify's dialer says that my PC dosent have anitvirus & i can install their free antivirus, but did'nt got any message
From where did u installed that Sify's Dialer
Pls give me the link
also pls give me the link of download their Trend Antivirus
*202.144.65.70:8090/

OP
AshishSharma

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
The absolute link: *210.18.11.102:81/bbandclient_v30/SifyBroadband_3.22.exe

The installer asks you to click on OK to install Trendmicro and when you do so it just sits there doing nothing for most of the time. It luckily worked for me once donno how or why but now I just use the installer file from the Temp folder.

satyamy

Alive Again...
this link dosent work on my PC
the link which works is
*210.210.4.69:81/bbandclient_v30/SifyBroadband_3.22.exe
and
*202.144.65.70:8090/downloaddialer.php

satyamy

Alive Again...
No not an internet site
it was the link sify person gave to me for downloading Sify Broadband
Hey i download 2 Sify Broadband Dialer from 2 different link
Both has name "SifyBroadband_3.22.exe"
but size are 1.76 & 2.08
which one should i use
neways its too late now tommorrow i'll test both of them

Anindya

In the zone
AshishSharma said:
The absolute link: *210.18.11.102:81/bbandclient_v30/SifyBroadband_3.22.exe

The installer asks you to click on OK to install Trendmicro and when you do so it just sits there doing nothing for most of the time. It luckily worked for me once donno how or why but now I just use the installer file from the Temp folder.

Hey man this link is not working!

eddie

El mooooo
People who need free antivir need to contact customer care as well. Sify people have settings in their control panel that allows their dialer to exist with or without antivirus.

Once they set the antivirus requirement as "On" with your account, then you will be prompted to download the free antivirus the next time you launch Sify Dialer. Otherwise you can keep downloading dialer from any link and it will not help...

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
why are all u guys so interested in installing sify's CRAPPY software.As for me, i never got any msg asking to disable my av (using KAV 6 atm) nor did it try to install trendmicro :)
And yeah..i m using the same version...3.22

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Easily done... me too using Avast... called up customer care... ask for disabling their antiviral headache. They might warn u that ur system'll get infected and that their antivirus is safe. But what can be better than AVAST?

Once they diable it, u can install Sify sw without installing the antivirus. No probs involved.

champ_rock

champ_rock
i highly recommend supersify.. it is an alternative connection client.. and IS VERY LIGHT AND CLOSES AUTOMATICALLY AFTER CONNECTING..

*broadbandforum.in/sify/supersify/

atleast use it once and u will forget the normal client..

p.s.: i have not used normal sify client for about 1 year now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom