satellite radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

musafir

Broken In
anyone out there have any info on how i can get satellite radio in india...i am able to listen to it through the yahoo massager....but since we already are more or less technology advanced in the sense that we can talk to each other using mobile phones therefore there should be some similar technology which enables us to listen to internet/satellite radio...any suggestion/ideas out there?it's not much fun listening to internet radio through the internet since the internet speeds through the dialup connection is pretty lousy...i would prefer broadband when i get more info on it..meaning total installition cost...plus monthly charges

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi

hi,
satellite radio: try worldspace

*worldspaceasia.com/nuketohtml.php?filnavn=files/getworldspace.htm

broadband: try bsnl's dataone. monthly rental =500/- for 256kbps connection. :)

OP
M

musafir

Broken In
thanks ...will try it out either now...though it's a bit late for me...going to sleep dude...or maybe tomorrow....thanks for the tip...is it free how do i sign up...what kind of hardware do i need? any monthly payment?

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi

hi,
if you are asking about dataone then you have to buy the adsl modem. it will cost you Rs.2000/-.

for worldspace: subscription fee=Rs.1200 per year. you have to buy their receiver. there are many types of receivers and their price varies from one another. you can see their details at the link i gave you. you will get 35 channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom