2)120Gb 7200rpm SATA

What is Better How It Helps

Anyone living in Chennai Cnt me
About latest prices with warranty

Also looking for 512 DDR 400mhz RAm with warranty

darklord

Cyborg Agent
SATA is good.

I would recommend going for Seagate instead of Samsung,just my personal opinion. :wink:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Seagate has started a new series of HDD 7200:8 this is sata and have very good spec Only draw back is that the minimum size is 220G So save some money go for this baby.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yup The SATA Hard Disks Are A Better Buy Currently Cause These Hard Disks Usually Provides fast Data Transfers Considering The Latest Paralle; Cable Transfer Technology Giving Speeds Upto 150Mbps....Usually The Cables Are The Most Noticable Changes for This Drives :)
The Prices For Samsung SATA 120GB Will Be Rs.4,800 (Model No.SP 1203N) And Similarly Rs.4,300 For The Regular Samsung 120Gb (Model No.SP 1203N) :)
Well Seagate Would Also Be a Good Buy as The Life Of These Drives are quite Stable.... :lol:
In That Case U Could Try Seagate Barracuda 120 GB SATA 1.5Gb/s 7200 RPM (Model No.ST3120827AS) 8)
As For The Last Query The Ram Could Be Bought From The Bazaar Section Digit Or Pm Khandu :lol:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:lol: ....time for shrek to butt in....

definately SATA.....not a chance for PATA!!!
Serial ATA will completely phaze out PATA in sum time...
nd as tom cruise((allwyndlima)) told u 1.5GBPS is worth going for,

SATA was introduced in 2002, troduced as the next step in ATA technology. SATA provides simpler installation, thinner cabling, and faster performance (up to 1.5 Gb/s)...thinner cabling inturn giving more airflow within the cabinet...!!!

bo for SATA be future safe!!

seagate is the BEST...next is maxtor/western digital
nd i dont go for samsung...samsung nd shrek r enemies!!!!

80GB SATA Seagate 7200rpm - 3500
120GB SATA Seagate 7200rpm - 4100 ((8mb buffer))
120GB SATA Seagate 7200rpm - 4000 ((4mb buffer))
160 GB SATA Seagate 7200rpm - 5000

nd MIND U....DONOT GO BELOW 80GB AT ANY COST!!!!
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Unless I missed something, the OP didn't mention if he had a SATA-compatible mobo.

My apologies, neogopu, if you know you have SATA support and didn't feel it worth mentioning. But we do see the occasional post where someone intended/recommended installing an AMD64 CPU on a socket A motherboard. :)

I agree with darklord and Shrek in that Seagate HDDs are more reliable than Samsung drives. In my experience, Samsung hard disks, CD-ROM drives and floppy drives suck. But their monitors and keyboards are fine.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
if i were you I will skip both seagate and samsung.
WD( not raptors) is priced very similar these days. and its better performer than both seagate and samsung.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow: rite monkey!!!....western digi hd is there on my second PC,nd its the most "thin" HDD i have seen in 40 GB PATA catagory....

nything will do except samsung!!!! :wink:

KHUBBU

Journeyman
If I'm not wrong , when SATA was introduced it was said its speed was 10k rpm, then what's this 7.7k rpm thing?

Dont go for seagate (makes lot of noise), WD is best.

WD>>SEagte>>samsung

theraven said:
nahin re
sata drives start from 7200 rpm
theres nuthing like 7700 rpm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
it was a typo. Posting at 1:04 AM has its side effects :wink:

theraven

Technomancer
nahin re
sata drives start from 7200 rpm
theres nuthing like 7700 rpm
and the 10k drives are available separately
satas rated speed is 150 mbps like patas rates speed is 100/133
but the fact is these speeds are never reached practicaly
and as of now sata has like a 4% performance boost from pata
yet go for sata with a new comp... not a problem .. a couple of 100 bucks more than the pata counterpart thats all
sata2 is what we all should be waiting for tho
O and i own seagate
they rock
no noise
and 5 yr warranty
bye yeah i agree with khubbu's markin scheme

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
KHUBBU said:
Dont go for seagate (makes lot of noise), WD is best.
Earlier Seagate drives upto a few GBs tended to make some noise, but then so did most other brands. Now Seagate drives are among the quietest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom