SATA Hardisk Vs SCSI Hardisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin

Journeyman
I'm using photoshop it need more ram and faster harddisk. Can I know what the is maximum RPM for Sata Hardisk and SCSI Harddisk.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
It depends on the throughput presently using a scsi 15K drive at ultra 320 you get a max throughput of 320MBps the rpm deals with seek and access times which in your case are not very imp. SATA 2 has a through put of 300MB max but practically gives much less

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
HDTach can be downloaded here.
It will test the sequential read, random access and interface burst speeds along with sequential write tests (commercial version only) and give you a benchmark of your HD. It supports all HDs from PATA/SATA/RAID/SCSI/USB and is considered a good benchmarking tool for a HD.

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
I got the HDtach and was talking with pradeep about the Sata Hardisk last night. When i used HDTach is showed me like average of 45 MB/s for IDE 80GB Segate Harddisk which is connect as secondary master and 48 MB/s 80GB SATA Segate Hardisk which in Primary Master. I dont find any difference. I heard that SATA give a data transfer of 150MB/s how do I do it. Here is my motherboard diagram.

*www.miltfoundation.com/A8N.gif

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
Tell me the cost of SATA 2 Hardisk. Does my motherboard ASUS A8N SLI Deleuxe support SATA 2 Hardisk

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
First connect the sata to the nforce 4 chipset native sata port and not to the si3114 port. Next you will never get full 150Mbps ever. The best i get is as under

[root@pebble pradeep]# hdparm -t /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
Timing buffered disk reads: 164 MB in 3.02 seconds = 54.29 MB/sec

[root@pebble pradeep]#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom