SATA cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_tcpip

Journeyman
I seem to be having problems with the (red) stiff SATA data cable..
some time ago, i saw foxconn come up with flexible sata cables..
anyone know where i can get em.. or are they available at all.. thank you

Eazy

Journeyman
I found this Orange SATA cable at a shop in Lamington Road - it is from a MSI motherboad's box. The clips on the connectors make a very firm and positive connection with the SATA sockets. If you find a place who has a lot of these cables let me know as I want to get 2 more. These MSI cables are more flexible than the normal Red SATA cables and cost me 25/-.

*img151.imageshack.us/img151/3522/satacablewithclipar1.th.jpg

EDIT: I have been told that the right angled SATA cables are also available in Lamington Road though I did not check.

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah i have these cables only about 100 should be the no.

and all came with MSI mobos only..
there is a black cable available which is very flexible , it comes with JETWAY mobos

OP
D

da_tcpip

Journeyman
can anyone pinpoint a shop.. cause.. i really cant make time to talk to and explain what i want.. and they wouldn't be selling them anyways

PS shantanu.. what did u mean by 'having 100 of them'?

shantanu

Technomancer
means i had around 100 cables with me !!! they came with new systems !!! which were sold at our SHOP which my father runs... so said that

OP
D

da_tcpip

Journeyman
well things took a nasty turn and i had to cancel stuff for today and go to lamington road.. and after banging heads like shantanu.. i found a guy who had what i wanted after asking over 20 dumbos.. seriously they are worse wrt to knowledge.. and i dont mean that i am the smartest one.. anyways update your list of hardware with this one.. 'Computer Selection' this is the shop where i found those nice MSI sata cables, its amongst the shops opposite the police station.. there you go .. now you can enlighten others with this info as me unto you.. god bless america :p india for computer parts

Eazy

Journeyman
da_tcpip said:
'Computer Selection'

DARN !!! and I went and had a big argument with these guys a few days back about a RMA on a DVD writer I bought from them which they were not the least bit interested in getting replaced. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom