SATA 2 Drives hit the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Hi Guys
Now we all can enjoy the benifits of throughputs that were available only to the enterprise users. Hitachi has come out with SATA 2 drives and all the owners of nvidia nforce 4 chipset users can install these drives which give performance equal to scsi ultra 320 drives at a fraction of the cost.

*www.hitachigst.com/portal/site/en/...i_baseMenuID=3d0cb215112b6934ab937c27aac4f0a0

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@rohanbee
dude PATA is the older technology former to SATA and SATA 2 ... PATA hard disks are the normal ones that we use having those thick IDE cables.

check this link for a comparison between SATA n PATA
*www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BRZ/is_11_22/ai_98977132#continue

Tech&ME

Banned
Well i know the price of Hitach SATA 80 GB drive, its around Rs. 3500.00, but i never purchased it so i can't say about the performance part of it. But the vendor showed me the benchmark for Hitach and Seagate and Hitach had a higher read/write speed.

Price is EX -BANGALORE

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@Tech&ME
hey dude we are talking bout SATA 2 drives here and not SATA ... plz check the topic. SATA is history now as SATA 2 approaches.

rohanbee

Padawan
I think we should wait. Hard to believe sata2 equal to scsi drives and at a very cheap price??!!

I think should wait till more companies start producing these drives. Quite happy with my sata drive at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom