Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it available in India? I read several reviews on Sandisk Sansa Fuze.I want your guys' opinion on it.Is it a good mp3 player?I have my eyes on this player as well as the Creative Zen.Which one is better?I value sound quality over anything else.Interface is also a factor I consider.
And any idea about the prices of these two models?I am from Chennai and would like to know where they'd be available.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It certainly is a good mp3 player but Creative Zen sounds better when compared to Fuze and also has better audio/video format support.

Go for either Creative Zen or Sony's new mp3 walkman or Cowon D2.

It certainly is a good mp3 player but Creative Zen sounds better when compared to Fuze and also has better audio/video format support.

Go for either Creative Zen or Sony's new mp3 walkman or Cowon D2.

Thanks for the advice.Any idea about the price of Cowon's D2?and is it available in chennai?

jingalala

Broken In
COWON'S D2 IS THE BEST MP3 PLAYER.

AND Shure's SE530 are the best earphones on EARTH.

And when both combined will be the ULTIMATE MUSIC DEVICE.:p

The BEST MUSIC DEVICES would be in this order:
1st - Good MP3 player like Cowon / iPod (iPhone)
2nd - W980 and W902
3rd -N91 and Samsung F310 Serenata
4th - N81 and Samsung F300 / F330 / i450
5th- Motorola ROKR E2
5th - Any others

I must add that Cowon D2 is the most powerful player up to date, and with battery life of 52 hours, 2.5" touchscreen, FLAC, APE and etc. support, customizable themes, very good price, excellent build quality, the best sound quality among portable audio(surpassed only by X5/X5L by little), microSDHC slot(!!!) its the best flash-based player out there. The second one is Cowon iAudio7(though some people may like it more).:p

The two problems with Cowon players are that they are hard to find(mainly the older models I mean) - they are mostly made for the Korean market(thats why they are so great) and the second is customer support, which is mainly for Korea(maybe USA too but I don't know that for sure). The chance that your Cowon player breaks down is minimal due to the high quality of materials and good construction, but after 1.5-2 years the battery life will be reduced, so you may want to change the battery, but most of Cowon players are with internal battery like the iPods. Thats, of course, if you haven't upgraded to a newer Cowon player.:(

The iAudio COWON D2 2GB sells for Rs. 12,250 while the 4GB version sells for Rs. 14,000, both with a 1 year warranty. The D2 is a great option; yes, there will be many who think the iPod is better for the same price, but iAudio finds itself among a premium audience because of its quality. This product is no different, better quality audio and video over the iPod is what makes it a winner. The only major drawback is the 2 GB capacity compared to the 30 GB capacity of an iPod. If this player was priced 2K less, it would make it an absolute steal. :(

WISE OWL:D
Please do let me know where can we get ORIGINALCOWON D2 in BANGALORE?

Last edited:

moshel

Padawan
Cowon D2 4gb is available for rs. 10,000/- and this is the official price. The dealer is lipap systems, Mumbai u can get the address and phone number on the cowon site. I had called there once and they said that they can ship it from mumbai to Ahmedabad. Moreover, here i have seen the player in Croma. If there is croma in bangalore u might get it there.

as for the sansa fuze, i have read good reviews abt it. but still it is not compelling enough for me to buy it. If given a choice i would go for Creative Zen 4gb which has a SD slot and costs 7k.

along with it, do invest in good earphones. like the crossroads or V-moda.

Thanks for all the advice,I really appreciate it.I understand that Cowon is one of the best in the line of music devices;if not for the stellar price I'd go ahead and buy it.I want at least 4 gigs of memory but 14k is too high a budget.I guess Zen sounds good.Ten mins through the net and you can easily conclude that the Shure SE530 is the best.But again the pricetag makes me gag.
I was also looking at another player from Sony:
NWZ-S718FBNC
Tell me your thoughts about it.

moshel

Padawan
@desiibond....I have not seen the creative zen for 5k anywhere. anyways thats possible.

@bloggerbloggerplasma....that sony player is not available in india. thats the problem with sony. they always release stuff with different model names in india.Sony India

ok and say total how much are u ready to spend on the MP3 player+headphones.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Go to SP Road, Bangalore. 5k is the official price for 4Gb Creative Zen.

btw, *www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/store...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665366457

is a much better option and is available in India too. This one for just 20USD more has a lot bigger and better display, better navigation.

Creative Zen + EP630 should be a good choice.

PS: listening to 128kbps/256kbps on SHURE SE530 is the worst thing to do. That's underutilizing them. For SE530, you need player like Cowon A3 or Sony Discman or Archos 5/7 series players.

Last edited:

moshel

Padawan
^^ Go to SP Road, Bangalore. 5k is the official price for 4Gb Creative Zen.

I wish i could.... :D

btw, *www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/store...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665366457

is a much better option and is available in India too. This one for just 20USD more has a lot bigger and better display, better navigation.

well i dont see it listed on the sony india site. but no doubt the player is a good option.

depends on the budget. personally i didnt like the ep630s. it is possible to order earphones online from outside india. unlike mp3 players.

PS: listening to 128kbps/256kbps on SHURE SE530 is the worst thing to do. That's underutilizing them. For SE530, you need player like Cowon A3 or Sony Discman or Archos 5/7 series players.

True :D

@bloggerbloggerplasma....that sony player is not available in india. thats the problem with sony. they always release stuff with different model names in india.Sony India

ok and say total how much are u ready to spend on the MP3 player+headphones.

Thats the prob here.I don think even Sansa Fuze isn't available in India.And my budget for the player+headphones is 10k.

I don think that model from Sony is listed on the Indian version of the site?
I think I've to settle for the Zen,Cowon is certainly out of my reach in the financial aspect.Naturally,Shure's SE530 falls in the same category,its costlier than the player itself :) And I am looking for something better than the EP630.Any suggestions?

I hope you'll forgive me for not including an important point.I will be going to Mysore for training at Infy's,where we aren't supposed to plug in any USB device into their computers.So the player I'll be buying should be rechargable using an AC adapter.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
In that case, the best choice for you would be Creative Zen 8Gb + Sennheiser earphones/headphones (PX100/CX300)

btw, cowon D2 8GB price should be 11k.

*cgi.ebay.in/Cowon-D2-8GB-Premium-D...ryZ98410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
In that case, the best choice for you would be Creative Zen 8Gb + Sennheiser earphones/headphones (PX100/CX300)

btw, cowon D2 8GB price should be 11k.

*cgi.ebay.in/Cowon-D2-8GB-Premium-D...ryZ98410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the link to Cowon on eBay,but I still think 11k's off my budget for the player itself!
Btw,I read some reviews on cnet.com about Creative's Zen.It seems the player has earned a name for 'dying out' after a year of purchase.I don't know if its true though..Read it here:
*reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/creative-zen-v-plus/4852-6490_7-31960038-0.html?ord=creationDate desc

moshel

Padawan
for earphones...

go for the V-moda Bass Freq. Earphones if u like a bass rich music. it costs between $30 - $40. or go to Jaben Forums for looking up more options and go to Jaben online shopping to order.

there is only limited stuff listed on the shopping page. thats why i gave the link to the forum. i got myself Crossroads Mylarone SVi from there and they are pretty good for $40.

Hey,
I have decided to go ahead with the Creative Zen 16 GB model.I hope it turns out to be good,there are several places where I read about "zens dying out" within a month of use.And I hope I get an AC charger for it,I need a charger where I'm going.And btw,have any of you guys bought anything online,like from Amazon or eBay?

for earphones...

go for the V-moda Bass Freq. Earphones if u like a bass rich music. it costs between $30 - $40. or go to Jaben Forums for looking up more options and go to Jaben online shopping to order.

there is only limited stuff listed on the shopping page. thats why i gave the link to the forum. i got myself Crossroads Mylarone SVi from there and they are pretty good for $40.

Sure I'll keep this in mind.I am a total bass freak.And $40 will fit in beautifully with my budget.Thanks for the link bro :)

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
You get USB to miniUSB cable and charger for this you can get anywhere but just make sure that the amp rating and voltage matches.

Guys,please help me out.I don think the Creative Zen's available in Chennai.If you know any place in Chennai where they sell it,please tell me.I've taken a look at in.creative.com but they have provided only the retailer's address.
Also,could you help me out on how to buy at eBay or amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom